DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive decided im going to upgrade the audio on my 2005 Acura RL.

Im pretty limted on JBL/Infinity since the girlfriend is getting a huge deal for me from her work.
I have not been in the car audio game in a long time. Im not looking to compete i just want a upgrade over the OEM Bose System. I dont wish to drill any holes in the rear door panel for another set of components out back.

The sub will be mounted under the rear deck and firing through the factory 8" Hole

will be doing Some Edead 80 with Edead v4 Teklite over the top of the edead 80

Amps and Processor

JBL MS-8- Internal Amp to power the center channel and the rear 3 1/2 on the rear deck
JBL MS-A5001 For sub Mounted IB setup
JBL MS-A1004 100x4 Amp For Components and Rear door 6 1/2 Full Range

Infinity KAPPA32.9CF 3-1/2" two-way for the Center channel and Rear Deck speakers

Stuck between 2 Full range for the rear doors
JBL MS-62C 6 1/2 Full Range 2 way speakers
Infinity KAPPA63.9I 6-1/2" 3-way car audio loudspeaker

Stuck Between the 2 components
Infinity KAPPA PERFECT6.1 6-1/2" Component System
JBL P662S 6 1/2 Components

Sub
W12GTI MKII

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
Ive decided im going to upgrade the audio on my 2005 Acura RL.

Im pretty limted on JBL/Infinity since the girlfriend is getting a huge deal for me from her work.
I have not been in the car audio game in a long time. Im not looking to compete i just want a upgrade over the OEM Bose System. I dont wish to drill any holes in the rear door panel for another set of components out back.

The sub will be mounted under the rear deck and firing through the factory 8" Hole

will be doing Some Edead 80 with Edead v4 Teklite over the top of the edead 80

Amps and Processor

JBL MS-8- Internal Amp to power the center channel and the rear 3 1/2 on the rear deck
JBL MS-A5001 For sub Mounted IB setup
JBL MS-A1004 100x4 Amp For Components and Rear door 6 1/2 Full Range

Infinity KAPPA32.9CF 3-1/2" two-way for the Center channel and Rear Deck speakers

Stuck between 2 Full range for the rear doors
JBL MS-62C 6 1/2 Full Range 2 way speakers
Infinity KAPPA63.9I 6-1/2" 3-way car audio loudspeaker

Stuck Between the 2 components
Infinity KAPPA PERFECT6.1 6-1/2" Component System
JBL P662S 6 1/2 Components

Sub
W12GTI MKII
I've never heard the Kappa perfects or the JBL components. However, I can say with certainty, don't run the regular Kappas unless you have serious high frequency hearing loss. They're very bright.

If the RL has the space the TL has in the center, run a shallow 6.5" in there. You should have the roughly the same amount of space in there as the TL, I would think. You pull the clock display out and slide a 6.5" in place of the factory 3.5". This is especially important since the MS8 needs a center that can keep up with the midbasses.

Save your money on the rear doors and deck. The factory speakers sound fine back there with an amp and you really don't want a tweeter back there anyway.

How are you planning on doing the sub IB? I think it's a great idea with the super high efficiency of an IB setup but unless the RL has a bunch of metal behind the rear seat, you're probably better off building a baffle behind the rear seat and fire the sub through the seat/skipass.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Assuming she works at Best Buy??

MS-8 definitely. W12GTI MKII definitely. I'd use the rest of your budget elsewhere as those Infinity's won't sound much better than stock, unless like said, you like a brighter/more harsh top end.

Also, isn't Edead asphalt based and basically a mass loader? You should be able to do a better job for the same price by using actual sound deadening products. Look into Sound Deadener Showdown & Second Skin

·
Registered
564 Posts
I've used the edead stuff before, doesn't work all that great. I do believe it's rubber-based, but it's about as sticky as apiece of tape... that got sprayed with acetone.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used the Edead 80 and Teklite in my old honda and i found it did very well for the price.

the Edead is a Butyl Rubber Mass Loader and the Teklite is a closed cell neoprene

1 - 5 of 5 Posts