DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 92 full size chevy blazer. Just gutted it out to start a new system. I kept all my speakers from my truck. I installed my jbl 4x6 component plates the dash. I have 2 sets of 6.5 Polk audio dxi components. Going to put one set in the kicks. Was thinking of putting the second set in the pillars behind the front seats l. Would be by the passengers feet. Previous owner already had 6.5 inch speakers there. It also has the 4x10 in the rear hatch ceiling. Should I put anything in there? Or maybe modify it for my other component set? Any info on best setup would be great. Also for the sub I have on memphis mc12 from my truck. Was thinking of putting that in the rear hatch opposite side of spare tire and fabricate it into the panels. Any disadvantage to anise firing sideways? Considering adding a second sub to the blazer now that I have more room. I do need to keep it family friendly and have a place to throw luggage when traveling. Ideas? Suggestions? Any pics of other blazer/tahoe setups? Thanks

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok gutted the blazer today. Going to get it deadened and then start running wires etc. I put my JBL 4x6 Component plates in the dash. Will be putting the Polk DXI components in the kick panels and will be running them off of an Eclipse 3242 4 channel amp I have. For now putting in all the equipment I have left over from other installs. I have a second set of 6.5 Polk DXI components I thought of putting in the 4x10 brackets in the rear cieling. Thinking of running them off of a JBL GTS 150 2 channel amp, with the remote wire on a toggle switch so I can shut off that amp If i dont want the rear fill. Use it when I have the kids in the car as I will probably have a Flip down tv installed and I can hook that up to my EQ to get sound through the speakers. I have one Memphis MC12 I will be running for a sub for now. Possibly adding a second one later depending on the output. Was more then adequate in my single cab truck, but the blazer is a bit bigger

Now to Opinions
Was thinking of building the sub box into the side panel opposite the spare tire, any dissadvantage to side firing it? Also saw one built into the tailgate. I considered that. Or just go more conventional with a rear facing sub box. I do want to keep it as family friendly as possible though for luggage bags and things when we travel. Any info/opinions welcome

Thinking of making a false floor for the amps in the rear, The amps I have now will eventually be replaced. I think that would be the easiest to adapt when I replace amps without to much modification.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts