DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi, new here.
in my car, the trunk and the cabin are pretty well isolated and i've heard that sound doesn't travel much to the cabin from a trunk sub. i'm getting a JL 12w6v2 and a 500/1v2 amp. i need to think of a solution in order to get sound and bass into the cabin.

there's corner loading, install through ski pass, and cutting a hole in rear deck to act as a kind of port for the sound.

what would work best? any other possible solutions? thank you for the help

corner loading:

rear deck "port":

Rear Deck Pass-through - E90Fanatics

ski pass:

Sub install through Ski Boot - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum - E90Post.com

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2008 e92, sorry.

and would a 12" have enough room to be placed at the ski pass? i wanna show you what i mean but i need pics

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'd say Ski=pass area is really the only way to go in an E90. Biggest problem in the E90 is the plastic bolt-in tub that is the trunks floorpan. Anything in there makes the entire cars floorpan resonate like crazy.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well it's an e92, so i don't know if there's a difference in trunk/cabin separation between the coupe and the sedan... how would i go about doing the ski pass method?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Google it, I can't find pictures offhand, but basically you're just building an enclosure that will seal itself with some, say, thick foam weatherstripping to the back wall of the trunk (behind the seat_ and firing the subwoofer directly into the cabin thru the skipass area.

Let me ask though - the coupe doesn't have fold-down rear seats, does it? If so, ignore the ski-pass idea's, because if you have fold down seats you don't have a ski-pass area.

·
2,103 Posts
Why not upgrade and amp the 8" subs under the front seats??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
2,103 Posts
Jehnert makes drop in 8" drivers for those factory locations. They yield great response! Couple other people on here have used them and said they are amazing as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i might do that later, but as of now i already pulled the trigger on the 12w6 and need a way to make it work. and i believe i do have fold down seats

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
i might do that later, but as of now i already pulled the trigger on the 12w6 and need a way to make it work. and i believe i do have fold down seats

Looks like your first option would work the best.... A prefab. enclosure it what you need to be looking for....GL

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks like your first option would work the best.... A prefab. enclosure it what you need to be looking for....GL
you mean corner loading?

how would this increase the amount of sound that reaches the cabin if this does nothing to the actual physical separation of trunk and cabin? i'm curious

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Do you have a fold down seat or a ski-pass opening:confused:

You show a picture of a ski-pass install, but than in another pic you say the rear seats fold down...so which is it

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do you have a fold down seat or a ski-pass opening:confused:

You show a picture of a ski-pass install, but than in another pic you say the rear seats fold down...so which is it
regardless, even if seats fold down, the armrest area where the ski pass is on other models can be removed and can act in the same way as the pictures i posted.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
regardless, even if seats fold down, the armrest area where the ski pass is on other models can be removed and can act in the same way as the pictures i posted.
Dude it's a simple question DO YOU HAVE THE SKI PASS OPENING OR do you have both.......:confused:

IF....you have the ski-bass....buy a prefab enclosure for the corner and leave the ski-pass opening in the open position so the bass can travel through it into the cabin

No need to over think this:laugh:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts