DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you.
At that time I was running Hertz Mille three way Ran passive off a Galden 250c4
Two channels feeding the the mids and tweets the other feeding the midbass.
Elemental Designs 900.1 Feeding a Arc Flatline 12 d 4
Head unit is a Pioneer DEH-80PRS...
Mids and tweets where ran passive after my bit 1 died...
Doors are sealed the best can be, two layers of 80 mil. sound deadner, Did the same for the cab.
one inch of open and closed cell foam under carpet and back wall, 1/2 inch under door cards. About the best I can do in that old truck... :)
I love the sound, those Milles just work in that truck, stages great the sub even sounds as if it's over my dash. The Sub is fire'n forward in console... Mids and tweets are in dash pods, Mid bass in doors....

·
Registered
385 Posts
Thank you.
At that time I was running Hertz Mille three way Ran passive off a Galden 250c4
Two channels feeding the the mids and tweets the other feeding the midbass.
Elemental Designs 900.1 Feeding a Arc Flatline 12 d 4
Head unit is a Pioneer DEH-80PRS...
Mids and tweets where ran passive after my bit 1 died...
Doors are sealed the best can be, two layers of 80 mil. sound deadner, Did the same for the cab.
one inch of open and closed cell foam under carpet and back wall, 1/2 inch under door cards. About the best I can do in that old truck... :)
I love the sound, those Milles just work in that truck, stages great the sub even sounds as if it's over my dash. The Sub is fire'n forward in console... Mids and tweets are in dash pods, Mid bass in doors....
So you changed it up now? What you changed too......Because that truck really sound amazing....like competition build.....what kind of wires (RCA's, speaker, amp kits)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RCA's are Stinger 8000 series,
I have 1-0 ran to a Distro. 4 gauge ran to amps. "Big three"
Speaker wire is Hyper-flex 12 gauge.
My Alt puts out about 140 amps.
Batt's are Sears Platinum and a BT-100 power cell...

The change in the system was going from Active to passive on my Mids and Tweets.
And I have a LMS Ultra that I shoehorn in there.
Though That changes from time to time as I like to try out different sub's.
Some old school that I always wanted to try and never had a chance,. And newer ones that come out and catch my eye. (just something I enjoy doing)... :)
Thanks for the complement. It really sounds better in person... :)

·
Registered
385 Posts
RCA's are Stinger 8000 series,
I have 1-0 ran to a Distro. 4 gauge ran to amps. "Big three"
Speaker wire is Hyper-flex 12 gauge.
My Alt puts out about 140 amps.
Batt's are Sears Platinum and a BT-100 power cell...

The change in the system was going from Active to passive on my Mids and Tweets.
And I have a LMS Ultra that I shoehorn in there.
Though That changes from time to time as I like to try out different sub's.
Some old school that I always wanted to try and never had a chance,. And newer ones that come out and catch my eye. (just something I enjoy doing)... :)
Thanks for the complement. It really sounds better in person... :)
Very well installed indeed.....Would love to hear the passive set up.....Any plans on posting a clip? My build is going to be a budget passive build with Pioneer gear....I was debating on speaker wire size to use.....An installer told me that 16 gauge was easier to work with......but I'm thinking 14 or 12 gauge..He suggested the twisted wire......I don't know so thought I'd ask you.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
12 gauge really isn't needed for the mids and tweets in my three way I just like to keep things all the same. Plus I like to think less resistance is best... :)
Perhaps in your install it would be easier,. Though I have never had a problem running 12 in any install...
As for a clip of the system,. Maybe the next time I clean up my work truck I'll do that... :)

·
Registered
385 Posts
12 gauge really isn't needed for the mids and tweets in my three way I just like to keep things all the same. Plus I like to think less resistance is best... :)
Perhaps in your install it would be easier,. Though I have never had a problem running 12 in any install...
As for a clip of the system,. Maybe the next time I clean up my work truck I'll do that... :)
oh okay....16 gauge is not bad at all considering the stock stuff in there now......It would be a welcome improvement......and the price not bad either......Thanks in advance for the clip....look forward to hearing it......I know it sounds way amazing in person

1 - 16 of 16 Posts