DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

41 - 60 of 394 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Freakin awesome work dude,interested in how you going to tackle the sub-stage.

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
So right from the get-go I knew that I wanted keep the stock deck in place. I really like the esthetics from the factory specifically with this Navi deck. Even if I were to spend numerous hours trying to fabricate a mount for an aftermarket radio, I still don't think I could get it to look as nice as the stock piece. Furthermore, the Climate functions are controlled via the touch screen monitor so I'm really forced to integrate with it all anyway. No worries though as keeping the stock appearance helps keep they system stealthy.

All that being said, I wanted to do more than simply grab the oem high level signal and call it a day. Instead, here's my solution for better EsQuEw:

Factory changer/transport removed

Factory transport on the left.. Alpine DVA-5210 on the right

Here's the gutted framework for the oem deck

The bottom of the framework cut out and replaced with the Alpine frame

Here is the super fancy schmancy jig I made for welding in the Alpine framework in precisely the right position. This will allow discs to be insserted & ejected through the factory loading slot.

Reinstalling the Alpine guts which are now affixed to the oem framework

And the Alpine DVA-5210 now resides in its new home! This allows me to run a Toslink optical cable back to the PXA-H701 processor and is controlled via the VPA-B222 Vehicle Hub Pro and displayed through the OEM Navi screen (shown later)

·
Registered
128 Posts
I was impressed when looking at the front stage build pics, until I saw your HU work. And now all I can say is you have Major skills doing that work!

·
Registered
73 Posts
This is without a doubt more then impressive. I would hate to see what you could do with a full blown shop.

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
So one nice feature of the Alpine Vehicle Hub Pro is that it accepts video via RGB from an Alpine Nav as well as has outputs to feed an Alpine RGB monitor. Now this was in no way a plug and play situation here since I am using the factory monitor, but after some reasearch I was able to find the individual RGB+Sync pinout for the proprietary Alpine Navi cable. Then with a little more research, I was able to determine the RGB+Sync output feed from the Factory Nav to the monitor up front and voila! Now we have video on the factory monitor which I can toggle between the Vehicle Hub,the Factory Nav, or the Climate controls :)

First pic is the Facotry Nav and where I was able to tap the vid signal

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
LOL.. thanks guys!

I just recently picked up the RUX controller for the PXA-H701 processor. This is so much more ergonomically friendly than trying to control the processor via Vehicle Hub. this is only a temporary mount, but I like the angle and overall look so this will be some more fabrication later on.

·
Banned
2,895 Posts
Haha! No no guys. I wish. I've been working on this system for over a year now. Off and on of course. Goodness, if I could somehow accomplish all of this work in just a few days, I would not be so poor :laugh:

More pics tomorrow!
I was kidding. Can't wait to what you did with your sub stage.

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Behind the rear seat is a relatively simple recessed rack for the two processors along with the XM tuner. I used #8 hurricane nuts and stainless steel Allen bolts for mounting the three pieces. I still have some work to do back here like figuring out just how I want to trim the back of the rear seat and so forth.

41 - 60 of 394 Posts