DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my PPI DSP-88r decided to puke out on me I picked up a MiniDSP 2x4 (thanks JSCoyne) and while it worked pretty well I wasn't happy with how sensitive to levels it was and since I had a few extra buck in my Paypal I picked up the Dayton on eBay.

Install was straightforward and like any other DSP I've ever used. I'm feeding it a signal from an Audio Control LC2i which is fed from the factory Honda radio because the OEM starts clipping around 26 (of 40) and even at that point it seems too much for most processors. I've adjusted the output of the LC2i so that it's not clipping the input of the processor.

The software is easy enough to use once you learn how to link channels. I used the measurements that I'd previously used with my PPI unit and I have to say that it sounds really good! I've done ZERO EQ tuning only TA and Xover. Noise floor is practically non-existent, turns on and off silently, and the wired remote works well enough.

For $150 it's a great unit. Would recommend!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
You have anymore detailed updates on this unit? Looking to possibly order it this weekend. Did you try the bluetooth dongle? Can you control volume through hu without the wired remote?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've not used the BT dongle. I have the volume set at 50 on the remote and it's just left in my center console and the volume is controlled by my head unit. Works pretty well that way.

I'm actually selling mine because I really want to play with the MiniDSP 6x8 unit and it's auto EQ functions (I buy and sell gear a lot). My car has probably never sounded better (at least DIY'ing it) than it has with this processor.

·
Registered
106 Posts
You have anymore detailed updates on this unit? Looking to possibly order it this weekend. Did you try the bluetooth dongle? Can you control volume through hu without the wired remote?
If your factory H/unit has bluetooth the answer is yes

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Just picked one up and hoping to install it soon. With the Bluetooth you can tune with an Android tablet correct?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just picked one up and hoping to install it soon. With the Bluetooth you can tune with an Android tablet correct?

I don't have the BT module but as I understand it you can.

·
Registered
15 Posts

I've been able to connect with my android phone and tune it but so far I haven't been able to get my chromebook to connect. I'm probably doing something wrong.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Sorry. I picked one up the other day and it showed available earlier this morning.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like you've got to be on the site at the right moment for those. Noticing the same thing with the UMM-6

·
Registered
358 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up - for $70, it's hard to pass up. I think they are already down to 1 left in stock - so if you want one, better grab it quick!

For that price, I'll just use it for a learning tool for now - and may eventually replace my DSR-1 with it (would also need a $250 Pac Audio AmpPro 4 as well to replace the DSR-1).

EDIT: Never mind - now they are out of stock again (minutes after I posted this)...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts