DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Inappropriate Thoughts
4,005 Posts
That amp is only 4 ohm stable bridged, but I am assuming that you are talking about a Type R subwoofer. In other words, if you are planning on driving a subwoofer @ 2 ohms, my answer would be NO.

·
Registered
12,571 Posts
Here you go ...

ALPINE MRP-M650 MONO Car Subwoofer Amp *[email protected]@K!* 600W - eBay (item 220396333152 end time Apr-19-09 16:49:27 PDT)

mebbe this one it includes xtras...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rockford-Fosgat...4|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:0|293:1|294:50

Max power output 3000 WATTS+ (actual birth certificate power will be closer to 3400-3800 watts)
400 watts continuous minumim RMS power @4 ohms- actual power will be greater
750 watts continuous minimum RMS power @ 2 ohms- actual power will be greater
1100 watts continuous minimum RMS power @ 1 ohms- actual power will be greater
Monoblock Class AB design
MOSFET power supply
DTM-Dynamic Thermal Management
focused mass heatsink design
Remote PEQ level input- controllor sold separately
8-18 Ga speaker terminal inputs
4 Ga power and ground connections
Built-in selectable 28 hz infrasonic filter
Built-in selectable lowpass crossover- variable from 35-250hz @12db/oct
On-Board Punch Bass EQ Adjustable bass boost up to +18db @45hz
Custom designed TO-247 MOSFETS run cooler than standard transistors
Thermal sensing
Stauts display LED's for Power, thermal overload, and speaker protection circuit
CEA 2006 Compliant
RCA inputs
RCA Pass-Thru outputs
Frequency response 20-20,000 Hz
Dimensions=14.4"W x 2.2"H x 7.7"D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's my question. Kenwood hits 520 rms, and rockford hits 500 rms. Y should I go with rockford? Jw thanks

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Here's my question. Kenwood hits 520 rms, and rockford hits 500 rms. Y should I go with rockford? Jw thanks
750 watts continuous minimum RMS power @ 2 ohms- actual power will be greater

·
Registered
991 Posts
for $300 I would go with anything above except the kenwood... with the kenwood you would have to run it stereo & only get 180w per coil... barely moving the sub....

Onlinecarstereo.Com - Wholesale Car Audio/Stereo Deals At Bargain Prices, www.woofersetc, Car Audio wholesale distributor Alpine Pioneer Kicker Clarion Hifonics Kenwood Boss - Ikesound.com or ebay.com... for $300 you can get one hell of a d-class mono amp that will put out at least 500w in 2 ohm mono...

The kenwood isn't even the best choice for the money FROM crutchfield... they must be running an internal contest or spiff on Kenwood's amps to drive kenwood sales... lol

from their webpage the Alpine Mrv-D500 is one sale from $199.99!!! 5 times the mp the kenwood is. Same with the Rockford PRime-500 $199.99! the kenwood KAC-9104D is $299.99 for 900w.... those are all from CRUTCHFILED's own current online prices! Dumbasses..

There has GOT to be a spiff or promotion in the slaes department for them to push such a ****ty choice... lol tooo funny.

Rob

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I sent them email about rockford they said I recocommend the kenwood kac x20. It would delivered 520 watts. That amount will have you amp hit harder it will knock your socks off lol

·
Registered
12,571 Posts
Nah, im gonna go with rockford =)
good call ;) and you got to love all this...
I will include the original box, packing and manual. If using buy it now I will include Rockford Fosgate #4 wire kit with 2 inline fuses as well as a grounding block and a #4 wire to #8wire distribution block.

Score !

:cool:

·
Registered
34 Posts
How about something like this? $249 Shipped and looks to be excellent build quality. I seen a few recommendations from some posts on this board saying it was a pretty nice amp.

AudioQue

Oh.. And YAY for first post. :D

·
Registered
6,376 Posts
I like Kenwoods for cheap amps, like alpines better but usually more cash. However if I were buying an amp that size right now I'd buy this: Pioneer Premier PRS-D2100T (prsd2100t) Class D Amplifiers Car Amplifiers Car Audio and Video - Sonic Electronix
They even have an open box cheaper yet: Pioneer Premier PRS-D2100T R/B (LS-prsd2100t-RB) Class D Amplifiers Car Amplifiers Car Audio and Video - Sonic Electronix

IIRC it is just last years model. But its a full range class D you can use it for subs or full range, takes less power, smaller, Icepower, 2yr warranty, etc., 600rms x1 @4 ohms. Hard to beat that deal with a stick. lol. Alpine PDX are Icepower too.

Is the sub 2+2 ohms DVC? If a SVC 2 ohm then you need a sub amp or 1 ohm stable 2ch.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts