DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Human (not a robot)
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:rolleyes: Well here goes, without a long drawn out sob story I have equipment sitting in my closest and a car to put it in. I want to do this install right the first time, but I want to enjoy my equipment now. Should I install my front components now or wait until I get deadener? Could be Christmas before I get deadener. Equipment has been set aside since Jan. '05. :mean:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Put it in, this way once you do get your sound dampener you will be able to hear the before and after and see that your money went to improving the sound quality.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I'd put it in, but you'd be doing yourself a favor to get like 10 square feet of deadener and do the doors at least half way right.

At least do something to block the rear wave of the speaker while you have the door open.

·
Human (not a robot)
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd put it in, but you'd be doing yourself a favor to get like 10 square feet of deadener and do the doors at least half way right.

At least do something to block the rear wave of the speaker while you have the door open.
Thanks for the push guys.

I think I am lucky in this respect falken...my doors (Mercury Milan) are sealed with a piece of galvanized metal. No access holes like most cars you have to take this piece of metal off to get to the outer skin. Did I misunderstand what the 10 sq.ft. would be used for?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I'd get 10 sq feet so you at least have something on the outer door skin, and inner door skin.

Maybe get some cheap foam and wrap cables in it so they don't rattle.

Cool that they are sealed, it saves you a step.

·
Human (not a robot)
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd get 10 sq feet so you at least have something on the outer door skin, and inner door skin.

Gotcha. Thanks for the advice. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Do it. I did, I won't have my deader for another month or so, and then it will take me some time to completely deaden my car. It is definitely going to sound better then what you have now.

·
Human (not a robot)
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Ordered 20 sq.ft. of Damplifier today. Maybe I can get the front speakers in next weekend. :cool:

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
I'd run the system too. Besides, it'll tell you how much deadener you really need. Maybe even less than you originally thought.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts