DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

2281 - 2300 of 2305 Posts

·
Registered
17,677 Posts
Great looking work. Video looks like another level of professionalism. I could have done without the phone call but to each their own. Thanks for sharing how you built them. Very cool.
Just adding some comedic relief lol. the guy on the other end is my best friend and my "on call" employee

Speechless man just speechless!! You better be charging A LOT of money for what you know and can do,period ended!
Thank you :)

·
Registered
17,677 Posts
Nice design on those, grills are sick! How thick is the pillar wall...seems very thin to me?
Thanks. And what part? Are you talking about areas we modified or the actual oem pillar?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
106 Posts
Nice work but not my favourite builds I have seen you make in the past. I love that machine you have there for cutting What is it Nick ?

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Thanks. And what part? Are you talking about areas we modified or the actual oem pillar?

the modded part/and the whole pillar together. from the video I got impression that whole pillar is pretty thin..... Im sayn this coz Im used to do things very thick/solid and non-resonating.... baffle thickness <I use on my pillars is 1,5"thick, walls are 1" thick and whole pillar ABS get at least 4-6 layers of fiberglass mat/rowing for a solid base + 1-2layers of damping mats/brax exvibration paste, wool,....
BUT I understand thay we DIYers have much more time to make things as we do than you "pros"

·
Registered
17,677 Posts
the modded part/and the whole pillar together. from the video I got impression that whole pillar is pretty thin..... Im sayn this coz Im used to do things very thick/solid and non-resonating.... baffle thickness rowing for a solid base + 1-2layers of damping mats/brax exvibration paste, wool,....
BUT I understand thay we DIYers have much more time to make things as we do than you "pros"
Keep in mind that not everything is filmed. The whole enclosure that stretches behind the pillar is completely stuffed with chop strand glass, then again behind the pocket. I'd say on any part that was modified on the pillar above the baffle is no less than 3/8" thick, and no less than half inch thick around and behind the baffle, and again, solid completely behind the tweeter.. inches thick. The pillar weighs a ton and there is only fiberglass used. No lead bb's or anything like that.

·
Registered
260 Posts
@SkizeR These came out great. I am really enjoying my the system. I actually went to a holiday party and there were 3 other model S owners there. You should have seen their faces when they got in the car and looked at these pillars. They remembered the pillars in my Audi and they were expecting something similar...completely blown away. I eventually went through the entire car with them and again, they were very impressed. Could have some potential business coming soon.

When are you posting the sub build videos??? That came out great as well!!!

·
Registered
17,677 Posts
@SkizeR These came out great. I am really enjoying my the system. I actually went to a holiday party and there were 3 other model S owners there. You should have seen their faces when they got in the car and looked at these pillars. They remembered the pillars in my Audi and they were expecting something similar...completely blown away. I eventually went through the entire car with them and again, they were very impressed. Could have some potential business coming soon.

When are you posting the sub build videos??? That came out great as well!!!
Thanks! Those videos will be out when I get home from the shop before 2am lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks! Those videos will be out when I get home from the shop before 2am lol

2AM? Working on anything interesting?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Rob, is your truck finished and tuned? Looks amazing, but I’m curious, the c7’s seem aimed a bit forward? Looks like the fire at the rear view mirror. Kinda hard to know just by looking at a pic. I’m just now reading about on/off axis and how it relates to beaming. I’m curious on your thoughts how it sounds.
I’ll be installing a 3 way active soon, c7’s were my first thought but all the AudioFrog love around here makes me second guess that. I’m sure both would sound very good tuned properly.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Rob, is your truck finished and tuned? Looks amazing, but I’m curious, the c7’s seem aimed a bit forward? Looks like the fire at the rear view mirror. Kinda hard to know just by looking at a pic. I’m just now reading about on/off axis and how it relates to beaming. I’m curious on your thoughts how it sounds.
I’ll be installing a 3 way active soon, c7’s were my first thought but all the AudioFrog love around here makes me second guess that. I’m sure both would sound very good tuned properly.
I’ll shoot you a pm so we don’t clutter this post.

2281 - 2300 of 2305 Posts