DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

2321 - 2335 of 2335 Posts

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
Well I wanted to do A pillars, but for the life of me I could not find material that matches this brown suede material so I did some sail pods instead. I do like that they’re bolted in using one of the factory mirror studs. Each pod is about .6L. The speaker mount was printed from ABS and each one is aimed at the opposite seatbelt on the B pillars. Images pretty good after a quick tune. I went a little crazy on the texture spray cause I was just thrilled to see something besides fiberglass or duraglass after a couple days of layers and sanding lol.

those turned out nice lov the finish coating on them

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well I wanted to do A pillars, but for the life of me I could not find material that matches this brown suede material so I did some sail pods instead. I do like that they’re bolted in using one of the factory mirror studs. Each pod is about .6L. The speaker mount was printed from ABS and each one is aimed at the opposite seatbelt on the B pillars. Images pretty good after a quick tune. I went a little crazy on the texture spray cause I was just thrilled to see something besides fiberglass or duraglass after a couple days of layers and sanding lol.

Serious craftsmanship and they do not block your vision. Great job.

·
Registered
170 Posts
those turned out nice lov the finish coating on them
Serious craftsmanship and they do not block your vision. Great job.
Thx guys. Took me a while to learn how to use CAD software to make those mounting plates. I may refinish them down the road to soften the hard edges a bit and lighten up on the texture.
I will say the pods are very solid and a great tool I acquired to help was a Milwaukee M12 die grinder with some 3M roloc 36 grit pads. Makes fast work of removing fiberglass.

·
Registered
2016 Jeep Renegade
40 Posts

Those are looking real good.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
The factory oem tweeters were originally mounted over the side vents firing straight up. They were covered over. I’m considering ditching the rear fill and using that DSP channel for a center dash speaker, AF GB40 or GB60 or their new GS8 - I have the space. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,639 Posts

Reactions: bbfoto

·
Registered
11 L322 V8 S
7 Posts
My 3 way set up on L322 range rover

Attachments

2321 - 2335 of 2335 Posts