DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

261 - 280 of 2289 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
here is my A pillars in my ml truck .
the mids are focal 3w2's and i now have changed toscan 2904-600000's instead of the tn51's in the pic..
Nice, how do you like with 3w2 up high? I am keeping that midrange in my mind if I don't like the audison voce midrange, cause they are exactly the same size. Also I'm using scan speak illuminator 3/4 tweeters so the sound would be simillar. My pillars also kinda look like yours. I would love to hear your feedback

·
Registered
330 Posts
Nice, how do you like with 3w2 up high? I am keeping that midrange in my mind if I don't like the audison voce midrange, cause they are exactly the same size. Also I'm using scan speak illuminator 3/4 tweeters so the sound would be simillar. My pillars also kinda look like yours. I would love to hear your feedback
hi matt .
i have not heard the audison voice 3" mids so i cant compare to them
but i have listened to most of the other 3&4 inch mids out there and found none i would take over the focal 3w2's , highly detailed and accurate ,neutral and no coloring the sound ,expensive but worth ever penny imo ..
:D

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
hi matt .
i have not heard the audison voice 3" mids so i cant compare to them
but i have listened to most of the other 3&4 inch mids out there and found none i would take over the focal 3w2's , highly detailed and accurate ,neutral and no coloring the sound ,expensive but worth ever penny imo ..
:D
The Hybrid L3SE is also very nice.

·
Registered
330 Posts
The Hybrid L3SE is also very nice.
so i am told . i know of 1 guy in the UK who has a set but there not installed yet. also not sure if they are on general sale over here yet , so it may be some time before i get to hear some ..

i did own a pair of L3's for a short time ,sadly i bought them on reputation ,recommendation and all the glorious feedback all over the net .
but alas they was not for me ....

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
so i am told . i know of 1 guy in the UK who has a set but there not installed yet. also not sure if they are on general sale over here yet , so it may be some time before i get to hear some ..

i did own a pair of L3's for a short time ,sadly i bought them on reputation ,recommendation and all the glorious feedback all over the net .
but alas they was not for me ....
I wasn't that impressed with the L3.

·
Registered
496 Posts

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #271 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,796 Posts

:) finely get to be a part of this thread, i'll post some more pictures when they done :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
I thought I was the only one that installed high on the A Pillar.
Man. I tried every position in the truck. Earlier in this thread I posted my mocked up PVC junction boxes and moved them everywhere. That just happened to sound the best. I had to move the mid over the hump in the dash. The sound became very side oriented when it reflected off the dash. The image is straight ahead of you.

·
Registered
107 Posts
My previous A-pillar install...
Not quite a midrange, but they are BIG tweeters :p

those are scanspeak revelators correct?

https://www.madisound.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=916

what kind of active/dsp setup is backing that up? also its interesting to think you have $700 (probably more in europe due to VAT) sitting in an easily unscrewed place (if theyre philips), id put some allen wrench heads in there for sure for anti theft

·
Registered
132 Posts
Nice work everyone!

I wonder if Q logic will start making A Pillar pre made q-forms. Probably not, due to the greatly varying sizes of drivers, as well as angles, but as a person not too comfortable cutting factory panels (to let me restore it to stock when/if I sell the car) I like the idea of replacing the panel entirely. Maybe if I could find replacement stock ones that wouldn't be too costly I might try it.

I have one question though, for those that have speaker configurations such as this, do you also run rear fill? I was a big fan of no rear fill for a while in my old car, and in my new car, it had an Alpine system in it with matching front/rear comps, and I have grown to like it.

261 - 280 of 2289 Posts