DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
281 - 300 of 2,445 Posts
those are scanspeak revelators correct?

https://www.madisound.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=916

what kind of active/dsp setup is backing that up? also its interesting to think you have $700 (probably more in europe due to VAT) sitting in an easily unscrewed place (if theyre philips), id put some allen wrench heads in there for sure for anti theft
Yes they're Revelator ring radiators.
I've since changed them to Air Circs which work better in those positions (as they're a bit off-axis).
The entire A-pillar is only clipped in, so with a bit of force can be taken out quickly and easily. They're not terribly visible from outside the car (unless you know what you're looking at).

I run an Alpine H900 processor for my system.
Build thread for it can be seen here:
http://www.mobileelectronics.com.au...ora-bora-w00000000000000t/page__hl__bora bora

As a note i'm from Australia, we drive on the right side of the road too :)

Those look fantastic! How do they sound???
I built some pods like that in my first attempt and they sounded pretty bad, granted that was with L4's and they want like at least 4 litters sealed :blush: those drivers should do decent in his pods though, but he could get more out of them if he extended the back. I think i talked to him and he said he ported the pod :worried:i am curiouse how that turned out ported.

I stumbled across this and its what I've been looking for. But I have slightly different approach. What if I mounted 6.5 mids in the kick panels. Then 3-4 inch midranges in the door locations (adapted from 6x9) and left my tweets in the doors about 10 inches away from the midrange?

I'll have 4" mids and tweets in the pillars, 5 1/4s in the kicks and 8's in the doors, processing will be done by an ms-8. If it doesn't sound right ill turn off the kicks and run 6 1/2s one the rears. Here's a look at my pillars.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I'll have 4" mids and tweets in the pillars, 5 1/4s in the kicks and 8's in the doors, processing will be done by an ms-8. If it doesn't sound right ill turn off the kicks and run 6 1/2s one the rears. Here's a look at my pillars.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
Why a 4-way front? Even if your processing is the MS-8, what's the advantage over a 3-way?

Kelvin

Aside from that, I thought the MS-8 can't process a 4-way front system...
He'll be using passive Xover between tweets and upper mids.
So it's gonna be like running the MS-8 to process 3-way front.

Kelvin

Why a 4-way front? Even if your processing is the MS-8, what's the advantage over a 3-way?

Kelvin
Just trying something new...lol. I need a loud frontstage to keep up with my subs, my main goal is to have a really nice "SQL" system. I'll add the rears if it doesn't sound right up front. I also have a Kenwood deck that has T/A so I can run just one set of preouts to the MS-8 and run a set of mids and subs off of the deck. Mostly just experimenting.
Aside from that, I thought the MS-8 can't process a 4-way front system...
I'll use the features on the deck to take care of some of it.

281 - 300 of 2,445 Posts