DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

401 - 420 of 2289 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have SR6500 in my car right now and keep on thinking of getting a midrange in between that set... Any recomendations since u're running same set and already did all the legwork there? :)
We did quite a few cars over the years with SR5250 plus the SR6500 mid for midbass, so technically that's a 3 way. As far as little mids, not really. When I was there it was easy enough to see what was around for home projects. If you like the look of any little mids they have in their in wall lines, you might be able to call up and purchase them as parts. I'm pretty sure it used to be pretty easy to purchase things like that. Even the SR's (when they were in production) were broken up, just in case someone wanted just an extra set of tweeters. Or 6500 mids to add to a 5250 set to make 3 way. Obviously no 3 way crossover ever existed so they'd need to run active. Even if you wanted to buy a pair of the little puffed poly mids you probably couldn't just run the off the SR x- overs (don't think they were 4 ohm). So you'll be stuck making custom passives or going all active. I had a Zapco C2K4.0 running the pillars, and used the built in x- over to lp the mids/ hp the tweets. The other downside is that there aren't any grills for them.

http://www.polkaudio.com/customaudio/rts/index.php?s=lcirtsfx

I think these might be the mids that were in my pillars

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Nice pillars Nirschl. Good inspiration for me as I am after a more on-axis install myself. Also, my mids are hefty and have some depth. Not an easy task to make pillars that look good.

·
Registered
306 Posts
very nice. its hard to build on axis pods, without them being to obnoxious looking, or impeeding your view of the road. very nice. great work on the build. thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I appreciate the comments fellas! The new L3SE just arrived yesterday. Going to the swap them out today. ;)

So far, I really like what I'm hearing from this set-up.

***Update****

Ok, the new SE's are in. While doing so we also covered the baffle in black suede. My iPad photos stink! I'll see about breaking out the digicam.

These will have to do until then....

There is tuning to be done, but after a simple swap and crossover change....
It sounds sick! Period.

Cheers

·
Registered
494 Posts
Dug out the digicam. I seriously need some practice at taking pics but these are better than the ipad attempt.....:rolleyes:

I'm really digging these SE drivers. :cool:

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Dug out the digicam. I seriously need some practice at taking pics but these are better than the ipad attempt.....:rolleyes:

I'm really digging these SE drivers. :cool:

Cheers
Very nice sir,
I like your transition down from the pillar to the baffle. The pillars in my silverado are similar in shape... Meaning they arch out. Been struggling trying to visualize the transition. Your install helps me to see what I might want to do.
Thank you.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Very nice sir,
I like your transition down from the pillar to the baffle. The pillars in my silverado are similar in shape... Meaning they arch out. Been struggling trying to visualize the transition. Your install helps me to see what I might want to do.
Thank you.

I appreciate it and glad to be of "service." ;)

This has proven to be a nice set-up in my van. The L3's have really settled down after some break in time.

Good luck with your pillars!

Cheers

401 - 420 of 2289 Posts