DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

101 - 120 of 2287 Posts

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Factory placement on the gauges. That was a big selling point for me on this car...even though I didn't have a system at the time, I knew that a center cluster would help me eventually.

The bezel for the source and atmospheric controls was painted to match the OEM color. The car is Flint Micha (a DARK grey), the car is tinted, and has some tinted AVS wind visors on it. If I could black the whole thing out I would. It's a nice looking car for a sub compact Toyota.
wow, i may consider one of these when I have the money to just have a toy sq car. :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Did some body mention off axis?....

MB Quart QSC 6 1/2" midrange and 1" silk MTX tweet
it sounds great, but not extreamly wide :cry:
You guys have some beautiful a-pillars. This was my first attempt at a-pillars, and they turned out pretty good.

I did wrap them... the first time. About 20 mins after I finished and had them in the truck, I left Wisconsin to drive to Florida for Spring Break Nats. It was -18* below zero, so the glue didnt hold well, so when I got down to Fl, I had them rewrapped at GQ Upholstery in Fort Myers, Fl.

·
Registered
286 Posts
This has to be my favorite Thread thus far, love the workmanship you guys should be proud! "sqcomp" you got my coming setup, is that the 3se or the 4se (looks like the 4se to me) how does it sound? I'm debating between 2 set ups

1" pro ring
3" se (midrange)
5" clarus midbass

Vs.

1" pro ring
4" se
6" clarus

All HAT products off coarse,

Hum, maybe in a few months I'll post my A-pillar work!?

·
Registered
496 Posts
This has to be my favorite Thread thus far, love the workmanship you guys should be proud! "sqcomp" you got my coming setup, is that the 3se or the 4se (looks like the 4se to me) how does it sound? I'm debating between 2 set ups

1" pro ring
3" se (midrange)
5" clarus midbass

Vs.

1" pro ring
4" se
6" clarus

All HAT products off coarse,

Hum, maybe in a few months I'll post my A-pillar work!?
I'd go with the 4" midrange. The lower you can get your midrange the better off you'll be.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Size is pretty huge..& am sure there are a lot of cancellations due to the shape of the dashboard built..guess i need to re-build the pillar..& change the dash..any comments? :confused:
these look great! I love the look of the large format tweeter.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I have some L1pro tweeters and some L6 midbass. I would love to add a midrange and go 3-way but I just don't have the skill to built a-pillars. I have an E-46 2000 BMW 328i sedan. anyone wanna build me a set for a good price? I would most likely use L-4s or some Scans. :)

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
^^ jt audio did mine. He could probably help u out although I know he is lined up with some pillar pod work now that he did mine. :)

·
Registered
954 Posts
I was really enjoying the talent and craftsmanship in this thread.

Make sure you buy some bigger suction cups for those midranges.
LOL, L4s need plenty of airspace to sound best EG: I/B install. Thanks for the tip I finally know how to install my Legatias ;)

·
Registered
954 Posts
Any build pics? In the market for the 3w2 mids
These are all looking great!! I was told that my Hybrid L4s would sound best with the type of airspace a door cavity provides, I have been trying to decide how to mount my 3 way front stage (all Hybrid from L8 on up).

For a long time I thought of mounting in pillars but the info/tip I received regarding the Hybrid L4 prevented me from doing it this way.. I decided to mount them in the doors, OEM location in an 05 Mustang, then I was trying to figure out where to put the L8s.. 5 speed car.. If this works with the L4s then my problem is solved. Now the problem will be preventing rattle and buzz from the door..

·
Registered
954 Posts
Will the Hybrid L4s work in the pillars? I see some of you enlarged the pillars in volume by fattening the entire pillar down the whole length from top to bottom.. How much space is optimal for the L4s? I don't mean enough to eek by, I want them to sing!!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Will the Hybrid L4s work in the pillars? I see some of you enlarged the pillars in volume by fattening the entire pillar down the whole length from top to bottom.. How much space is optimal for the L4s? I don't mean enough to eek by, I want them to sing!!
When we built my pods, we cut large holes in the enclosure and into the a-pillar where they bolted together. So they vent into the a-pillar and down into the dash. Stuffed the whole thing with polyfil.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I'm not having any problems with my L4s. You do see in my a-pillars that they're in a "larger" space anyway. I have plenty of great sound coming out of them. I'm working on deadening my pillars more though. There is a LOT of energy happening with those mids!

·
Registered
954 Posts
As much as you can give them, and then some.

You could always vent them into the lower dash, if your car allows that.
Thats what I am being told by people with hands on experience that I trust.. I hear they will sound good any way they are installed, but to get the most, they should be allowed to breath..

I just picked up an 05 Mustang, I really have my work cut out for me.. Car has been in the shp so I havent had a chance to get in there and start designing.. Man, I have had this gear for almost 2 years now, Hybrids still unused.. Been holding out for the right car, once it is installed, I want to leave it alone.. Can't wait to get it done. Got some serious soundproofing to do as well... Doorpanels have a large surface area begging for a speaker pod, maybe L8s over there, will be a lot of noise to overcome as I do not want to completely block out the sweet sound of a cammed, turboed 5 liter with JBA exhaust.. Road noise bye bye, lopey idle and turbo spooling? H-elloooo!!!

101 - 120 of 2287 Posts