DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1781 - 1800 of 2305 Posts

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Thanks. I figured that since there are pillars in the pics, we haven't strayed too far off topic. I wish I possessed such talents - no these are the work of Mark Worrell in Hickory, NC. And you are correct - 2013 BRZ

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Sure. All work was done on my 2011 STI. I had them wrap my a-pillars first, since I have an AFR gauge in a pod which didn't look great, IMO. They did a great job with that, and added STI logo stitching to make it pop a little more. After that, I had an idea to wrap the dash center arch along with the parts in the doors to make it look more cohesive, and add stitching to take it to the next level. This was a very challenging piece to work with given the stitching and shape. They were reluctant to try it since they attempted that part before and it failed but after some discussions over the phone, they decided to take on the challenge. It came out awesome. As far as I know, it is one of a kind center dash trim piece that they did, along with the door side pieces.

In one of the photos, you can see the stock tweeter sail panel. I was thinking of fabricating a pod for the tweeters and wrapping it with Alcantara to make it look nice. I think that would flow nicely with the rest of the interior. The gauge pod I purchased wrapped already from SMY performance, competing the overall look.
Looks amazing! Thanks for the pics... Is that the black Alcantara or charcoal?

That is fantastic! An incredible concept and execution - just makes the vehicle have a much more bespoke feel about it.....some added character.

Couple shots of the one-off dash piece for my car. I had a single-DIN HU with a plate that was fashioned to fit in the stock opening. Alex and the crew mounted that plate within their dash covering and covered it perfectly.
That looks awesome too!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Looks amazing! Thanks for the pics... Is that the black Alcantara or charcoal?
It is black Alcantara with red stitching, matching the OEM colors. The STI seats come with the same material and stitching so it looks oem. Most people think it is factory.

Sorry for the somewhat off topic pics. Although you can see the sail panels and what I am planning to do.

Skizer, your work looks fantastic. Do you do work for members on this forum?

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
Figured I'd show off the partially complete unfinished pillars. Will house a GB10 and GB25.

Got some work to do yet but it's coming along. Considering a completely hidden covering with grill cloth. Got some gray cloth that showed up today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
281 Posts
After all your hard work, maybe finish the recessed part and also come up with a complete cover that's maybe magnetic, to hide from prying eyes when you are away from your ride. Seems a waste doing all that fiberglass, body filler, and sanding to just completely cover it up! Of course, that is simply my opinion...lol. They do look pretty awesome, by the way!

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Figured I'd show off the partially complete unfinished pillars. Will house a GB10 and GB25.

Got some work to do yet but it's coming along. Considering a completely hidden covering with grill cloth. Got some gray cloth that showed up today.

Those are looking really good, man! I like the idea of being completely covered with grill cloth, especially for sun and theft protecting...

·
Registered
229 Posts
My turn.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
On pillars. Put a freaking day in. Jeez!!! But primer tells all and spares no ego.

MUCH work to do. Ordered a flock kit too. That might be pretty cool. We shall see. I imagine flock isn't very forgiving as well and will show boo boos.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
AccordUno -
Great work on the A-Pillar enhancements. What model Beyma units are being used?

·
Registered
448 Posts
On pillars. Put a freaking day in. Jeez!!! But primer tells all and spares no ego.

MUCH work to do. Ordered a flock kit too. That might be pretty cool. We shall see. I imagine flock isn't very forgiving as well and will show boo boos.

The primer really shows the imperfections. I used sun activated spot putty to fill in the little pits in mine. Dries quick and easy to sand. Flawless results for me

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
701 Posts
the pillars will have the 3" 3FR30 full range and the door sails have the Beyma SPL50 tweeter. I will post installed pictures later (getting the transmission serviced).

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
The primer really shows the imperfections. I used sun activated spot putty to fill in the little pits in mine. Dries quick and easy to sand. Flawless results for me

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Good idea. I'd thought of glaze filler.. stuff in the tube. Don't much need to mix up a pallet of rage gold.. just something smooth to fill in the divits.

Yes my paint booth is a burn barrel under the deck. :)

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Who in the SoCal area can make me a pair of dash "pods" that are basically a "slice of cake" design.
I just need the back to come up 1.5"-2". So it would be something that merges and sits atop the stock location, but rises up towards the back(some room before it butts up against the windshield).
I want it to look as stock and integrated as possible. I can come up with a drawing of it if you need. Would like a black speaker cloth finish.

You can message me a quote for the pair for a 2014 (same as 2015, 2016, 2017) Toyota Highlander dash. Thanks!

(If I would get better response elsewhere, please point me to the right direction)

·
Registered
17,677 Posts
Who in the SoCal area can make me a pair of dash "pods" that are basically a "slice of cake" design.
I just need the back to come up 1.5"-2". So it would be something that merges and sits atop the stock location, but rises up towards the back(some room before it butts up against the windshield).
I want it to look as stock and integrated as possible. I can come up with a drawing of it if you need. Would like a black speaker cloth finish.

You can message me a quote for the pair for a 2014 (same as 2015, 2016, 2017) Toyota Highlander dash. Thanks!

(If I would get better response elsewhere, please point me to the right direction)
JT..

1781 - 1800 of 2305 Posts