DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Vendor
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is weird, but our server is down right now. However, when it comes back up we will have posted the T/S's on the new BM mkIII subwoofers on our forum. As soon as we post them on our forum I will post them here in this thread.

You know what, screw it. Here you go:

The below parameters are with the dual 4 Ohm voice coils wired in series for an 8 Ohm load:

Fs: 15.8 Hz
Qms: 5.22
Qes: 0.421
Qts: 0.386
Vas: 130 liters
Re: 6.1 Ohms
Le: 2.4 mH
Sd: 490 cm²
Xmax: 14mm one way linear
SPL: 83 dB @ 1W, 1m
BL: 19.6 N/A
Mms: 263 grams

The above parameters are final production specifications of a broken-in driver.

·
Vendor
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not yet, it will soon though. We're going over final cosmetics now. We will let our forum and newsletter know as soon as possible. However, the above will be the final T/S's on the production drivers.

·
Vendor
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good Specs Indeed.
What would be the Fs in runned in parallel at 2 ohms or 1 ohm load incase with 2 of them?
Fs doesn't change at all, as Fs is a factor of Cms and Mms and both of those are constant whether you wire the driver up in series or parallel.

·
I'm baaaack!!
4,397 Posts
Thanks for posting the T/S specs Nick. I'll be looking forward to getting a MKIII to play with. Nice light neo motor FTW!! :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Great!!! It would be good to know the weight.

·
Registered
563 Posts
These are at the top of my short list for subs for a false floor in the jeep.

·
Vendor
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if those are accurate t/s parameters then it shouldnt have been in an enclosure for testing ;)
He was referring to the enclosure spec, not the enclosure the driver was in for testing because it wasn't in an enclosure.

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
He was referring to the enclosure spec, not the enclosure the driver was in for testing because it wasn't in an enclosure.
I know specs were obtained correctly, i assumed that he didn't understand that the t/s parameters are independent of enclosures since that was how i understood his comment

BTW Looking forward to the production and release of this driver :)

·
Vendor
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If your listening room is an anechoic chamber or a huge room in a house, then the small enclosure wouldn't be the best. However, in a car environment everything changes. Even in the suggested alignment the F3 is still in the mid/high 30's outside of a vehicle, which is plenty to reach down to and/or below 20 Hz in a vehicle because of cabin gain. And there's also less than a 1.5 dB rise in the response due to the enclosure alignment we recommend. Wait until the reviews start being posted on the mkII version. :) I'll let you know the alignment the mkII is in after the reviews are posted.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Nick, I question you simply based on a WINISD model

It shows, for me, a ~2.5-3db bump at 60hz.

While the F3 looks to be about 36, which looks fine, I am simply concerned that a 3db hump at 60hz, coupled with cabin gain, will not be as ideal as other options.

Again, looks sick at 2 cubes, almost looks like an IB alignment at 2 cubes...

Thanks for entertaining the conversation.

·
Registered
754 Posts
if those are accurate t/s parameters then it shouldnt have been in an enclosure for testing ;)
I know that. I was refering to the comment "these must play low" and I was basically saying "yeah in a .5 cu ft recommended box, pretty neat."

1 - 20 of 36 Posts