DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Si TM65 mkiii midbass

10K views 32 replies 21 participants last post by  Bayboy 
#1 ·
Anyone demo’d The new mkiii TM65’s? Thoughts?

#8 ·
Tee hee!!!

#18 ·
I just got done demoing/playing with them for the week. I should have an official review posted here by friday or saturday. But overall they are awesome and beautiful. Qualitatively, not a huge difference from the MKII's but they seem to be a bit more tight in the sub bass region and more enjoyable (less distortion) in the treble region, although that was just for testing, I have my midrange take care of this range usually but they can go up a little higher than most 6.5's I've played with. I just love how much bass these things put out in my leaky door, I dont know if you can find a better driver for the price [(SPL @ 60hz / dollar) - distortion].

Also, the carbon fiber woven cone is just nice a **** to look out. Makes me want to get kick panels or door pods to show them off better.

Reactions: Electrodynamic
#19 ·
Any idea when the pre-order is over? I would be in the position to purchase a pair next month. Also, what are the actual mounting specs?

#20 ·
@electrodynamic would be able to answer best. But all I know is get it on pre-order before the price increases. These things are high performing and one of the best bang for the buck IMO.

#28 ·
Fs isn't necessarily a limitation of extension. Fs is the point of excitation, however, a driver can play below especially depending on the acoustics of the environment. There's a few other calculations to see where the driver will naturally begin to roll-off and the point excursion begins to ramp up. Modeling helps some but the acoustics of the environment still comes into play.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#30 ·
On paper and for upper frequency drivers, yes that's a concern. The amount of tolerable distortion in lower frequencies plus the fact that the sub still contributes in that area makes it not much of a concern. The SI isn't the only one with such a seemingly high Fs. Others have done well with such a design. Fs is just part of the the picture.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#32 ·
That is correct....basically the design changes have improved the speakers ability to play cleaner at even higher midrange frequencies thus allowing it to be used as a midrange driver in a 2 way system. If being used as a dedicated mid BASS driver, there ireally s not much reason to swap to the mk3 unless you just GOTTA have the looks of carbon fiber cones.

In fact, I am still trying to decide whether to use dual Mk1 ported in the doors or dual Mk2 sealed in door pods in my next build. I have bought 4 of each, so I get to choose, but there is really no reason forum to even think about the mk3 iteration.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.