DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty new to this and I could use all the assistance I can get. Basically, im confused as to what type of speaker I should be shopping for at Madisound. Whats the difference between fullrange vs. midrange and if I were to go active, I would need a tweeter and what? Sorry for the stupid question but it is something I need to clarify.

Right now I have the JL TR series components, a pair of blown to sh*t speakers in the rear each with custom MDF baffles (which I want to replace, hence the question), a Pioneer AVH3300BT upfront, cadence f100-5 running the interiors at 100w x 4 clean, and a temp fosgate p2 10 in the trunk.

Please guide me. I'd appreciate recomendations as well. All interiors are 6.5"

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
For every hour here that you spend in research, you will save at least 10. Archives hold a plethora of information!

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
You need woofer, tweeter, and whatnot depending on whether you're building a 2-way, 3-way, or a 2-way wideband setup. Do you already have a DSP with active crossover to run active? Do you have any additional processing capability besides the crossover? If you don't have an advanced DSP or at least an active crossover box, beware that those things will increase the cost of your speakers considerably. But the result will be good with right tuning.

·
Registered
52 Posts
If these are just for rear fill Madisound has several coax's which might be better than what's in there now. If you are looking for improved sound quality and don't want to use an active crossover as well then the Zaph car kit sounds fantastic and is reasonably priced. The Focals are very good too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts