DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tried the silverflutes in the rear deck as an infinite baffle? The 6.5" sound phenomenal in my doors, not sealed but maybe its a tighter space? My rear deck is sealed off from the car well. The fuel tank is in the trunk so its a solid firewall behind the seat and I've sound deadened it. I can fit 6.5" and I have some 3 printed brackets to fit 8"....so i'd like some feed back on either one.....so if anyone has run either size silverflute as infinite baffle...I'd like to know your thoughts. I hvae (4) 6.5" silverflutes in the cabin of the car and I want to use the deck speakers as subs....I dont need a ton of bass but I'm thinking the silverflute 8's might sound pretty good....only thing is on paper the specs dont portray that. But neither did the 6.5's and those sound killer.
'

· Registered
420 Posts
The 6.5's are not very well suited to an IB installation. Yes they will produce some bass but if you are truly looking to use them for subwoofer duty I'd say look elsewhere. For not a whole lot more per driver I'd go with the Anarchy woofers. Here's the link Anarchy

Either that or be on the lookout for either the 6.5 or 8" Peerless SLS drivers.

· Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 6.5's are not very well suited to an IB installation. Yes they will produce some bass but if you are truly looking to use them for subwoofer duty I'd say look elsewhere. For not a whole lot more per driver I'd go with the Anarchy woofers. Here's the link Anarchy

Either that or be on the lookout for either the 6.5 or 8" Peerless SLS drivers.
Well they are so close in price, what do you think would be the better choice? Same size vs same size.

· Registered
420 Posts
Well they are so close in price, what do you think would be the better choice? Same size vs same size.
If you're using them for sub duty the anarchy will beat the SF all day. Only reason I'd choose the SF over the anarchy is if you needed it to play up high to meet up with a tweeter.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

· Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you're using them for sub duty the anarchy will beat the SF all day. Only reason I'd choose the SF over the anarchy is if you needed it to play up high to meet up with a tweeter.

Excellent info, thx. The silverflutes take care of everything from 80hz to 6000hz. Then I have some 2.5" mids in the dash and some dayton AMT's going in there probably tonight. Im waiting on an email reply on the anarchy's and then I'll probably order them. the price is good enough. I appreciate the replies.
I did email madisound and he said they "might" work ok but cant guarantee that they wont end up flapping like the tang bands.

· Registered
420 Posts
Excellent info, thx. The silverflutes take care of everything from 80hz to 6000hz. Then I have some 2.5" mids in the dash and some dayton AMT's going in there probably tonight. Im waiting on an email reply on the anarchy's and then I'll probably order them. the price is good enough. I appreciate the replies.
I did email madisound and he said they "might" work ok but cant guarantee that they wont end up flapping like the tang bands.
DIYSG is run by one guy who is super swamped so the time so don't be surprised if it takes a minute for them to respond. I've ordered several different speaker kits from them in the past and always had a good experience. I wouldn't hesitate to order a pair of anarchy's from them if I had a use for them.

· Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DIYSG is run by one guy who is super swamped so the time so don't be surprised if it takes a minute for them to respond. I've ordered several different speaker kits from them in the past and always had a good experience. I wouldn't hesitate to order a pair of anarchy's from them if I had a use for them.

I’m in no hurry, I don’t drive this car much.

· Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What about this monster?

· Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Model them up!
Well I looked for the program to use on my phone. No luck. I can’t download any programs at work. The laptop I have I only use for tuning cars, I don’t get on the internet with it. Ruined my last two laptops like that. Tuning is all it’s used for, it’s a money maker so I can’t chance it. O well.

· Registered
420 Posts
Well I looked for the program to use on my phone. No luck. I can’t download any programs at work. The laptop I have I only use for tuning cars, I don’t get on the internet with it. Ruined my last two laptops like that. Tuning is all it’s used for, it’s a money maker so I can’t chance it. O well.
Yep, WinISD is only available on Windows. Someone may have the install file handy they could share with you. This would somewhat avoid you having to get on the internet (email only). If you are tuning for people you should really checkout WinISD. Big help when designing enclosures and choosing drivers.

Also, if you're thinking of doubling your budget per driver that opens up a lot more options to look into. I was only suggesting the drivers I did based on budget. Also, you'll likely need to reinforce that deck if you mount some strong woofers to it or its going to flex like crazy and you'll lose a bunch of output.

· Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yep, WinISD is only available on Windows. Someone may have the install file handy they could share with you. This would somewhat avoid you having to get on the internet (email only). If you are tuning for people you should really checkout WinISD. Big help when designing enclosures and choosing drivers.

Also, if you're thinking of doubling your budget per driver that opens up a lot more options to look into. I was only suggesting the drivers I did based on budget. Also, you'll likely need to reinforce that deck if you mount some strong woofers to it or its going to flex like crazy and you'll lose a bunch of output.
Tuning car ecms (like turbo cars, built engines...etc..not sound systems).
I was considering going up in budget and I’m thinking I might as well cut the hole and put 8’s in there or I’ll never be happy.

· Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I keep looking and looking and cannot make up my mind. On one hand i'm thinking about trying the blaupunkt 8's i already have and then on the other hand I'm looking at the peerless sls.....madisound has them in stock for $86 but part express sells them for $52 and wont have any till next month. As I typing this...I'm realizing what I need to do. Try what I have and wait till i can get some peerless SLS.....or order some image dynamics..lol...decisions decisions

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.