DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All other things being equal what is going to impress me more. Average Joe, don't do competition, just want it to sound better than anyone I know.

This will be in a 2015 Sierra with stock HU to Helix DSP, Arc Audio XDi amps, 6" audio development woofer in the center console.

I can add a 10" woofer under the rear seat and tune the audio development 6 for more mid bass to help cover and mid bass punch the 2 way Sinfoni setup may have (niebur13s idea).

I've spoken to Jerry about this and greatly value his input. Just wondered if anyone here has been at a similar crossroads.

The other option would be to run the Sinfoni 2 way setup for now and add their mid bass in the dash later on.

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
18,498 Posts
ive had both. a/b'd both. extensively tuned both. audiofrog hands down. not only do they sound better, but they can take more power and have more output and do so without any sort of stress, the AF build quality is much better than the sinfonis, the mounting hardware and options they come with wont leave you needing anything else, and the support and knowledge the company brings to our hobby is unparalleled

Reactions: Common Sense

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting, is this due to the better midbass performance of the GB60? What about from a pure quality setup? Remember I will have the 6" woofer center channel up front adding to the mid bass

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
why 6" woofer... maybe i'm just not understanding your whole concept, but listen to Skizer!!!

·
Registered
18,498 Posts
Interesting, is this due to the better midbass performance of the GB60? What about from a pure quality setup? Remember I will have the 6" woofer center channel up front adding to the mid bass
ive yet to find any aspect that the audiofrogs arent the winner in. from output, to pure sound quality. theyre good. theyre also shallower, have better build quality (the sinfonis build quality isnt that great, especially for 1800 for a set..), etc etc. i wasnt disappointed by the sinfonis. but the audiofrogs actually lived up to the hype. a car audio brand living up to the hype.. who woulda thunk lol

·
Registered
18,498 Posts
and i would bother doing a center if you cant properly process it. more isnt always better.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and i would bother doing a center if you cant properly process it. more isnt always better.
I said almost the same thing to Jerry earlier "less is more". One of the reasons I was considering 2 way vs 3.

Do you mind expounding? Why wouldn't I be able to properly process it with the DSP?

·
Registered
18,498 Posts
The helix dsp doesn't do proper center channel from what I know. If you did, it would be running mono and would kill some of the imaging

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
On that note, you might try Alpine H800 which is designed for 5.1 processing power and center ch dsp control. Just a thought.

·
Registered
18,498 Posts
I see, great to know. Does the DSP Pro do this? Or another processor you would recommend.
im pretty sure only the MS8 and H800 do proper center channels

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
I see, great to know. Does the DSP Pro do this? Or another processor you would recommend.
DSP PRO it has more ch, and i think little more output voltage than the regular dsp... other than that, its all the same to my understanding.

Skizer might get in here and tell me I'm wrong,, but I would listen to him about dsp more. I have Alpine... and just got DSP PRO and will be installing it soon.

·
Registered
504 Posts
ive had both. a/b'd both. extensively tuned both. audiofrog hands down. not only do they sound better, but they can take more power and have more output and do so without any sort of stress, the AF build quality is much better than the sinfonis, the mounting hardware and options they come with wont leave you needing anything else, and the support and knowledge the company brings to our hobby is unparalleled
Wow, you almost sound like a sponsored user here! All this is making me wonder if I should try the GS60's when I blow up my NVX mids lol.
Truth be told, Andy does support his product well from what I've seen & heard from many on DIYMA, Facebook & others. You would be hard pressed to find a better option for quality vs cost plus knowing your putting money is a company that's not HQ'ed in China (if that means anything to you).

·
Registered
18,498 Posts
Wow, you almost sound like a sponsored user here! All this is making me wonder if I should try the GS60's when I blow up my NVX mids lol.
Truth be told, Andy does support his product well from what I've seen & heard from many on DIYMA, Facebook & others. You would be hard pressed to find a better option for quality vs cost plus knowing your putting money is a company that's not HQ'ed in China (if that means anything to you).
No, it's not that, well, see below. But they 1) flat out make good product. 2) no bs marketing and backs everything by actual fact and not audiophile marketing mumbo jumbo (which I highly appreciate), 3) supports our hobby more so than any other company I've seen. For example. Andy donated a gb12 to a local event as a prize for the money round which u actually won yesterday, which was nice. Funny thing is, I was gearing up to order a pair this week anyway lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,498 Posts
but really, no bias views here. i own and paid for both, i work for a dealer who sells both, and i have used and tuned both. what ive said above is just my experience. take it with a grain of salt if you feel the need to. i know i usually do lol

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
How come no one thought about comparing a 2way to 3 way is absurd. Both are able speakers. I would suggest to listen to both and then take a decision

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,498 Posts
How come no one thought about comparing a 2way to 3 way is absurd. Both are able speakers. I would suggest to listen to both and then take a decision

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
because in the OP he mentions going three way with the sinfoni in the end. just start with a two way.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts