DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to you all 馃榾
I am looking for some advice on an active crossover or eq to be boot mounted.
In short what I am looking for is to turn a single rca that I have run to the rear to be some at least 3 outputs - front rear and sub.
Because I鈥檓 using a 4 Chanel amp for the subs two sub outputs would be ideal .
As mentioned it is essential that it will work from a single rca input price wise around 200-300拢 and uk is the location 馃榾
Thank you 馃榾

Registered
There are several threads for DSP recommendations. I do not have a specific one to recommend. I will recommend looking at the software from various companies to see what you may like.

I think some of the popular choices would be
Helix
Arc Audio
Audison
Dayton
Audiocontrol but this forum doesn't seem to like audiocontrol for whatever reason.

There are so many DSP's made by just about everyone

I also do not know what is available to you in your country.

What are you running for speakers...2 way or 3 way up front, coax in rear and sub(s)? there are a few different ways you can run it depending on what you have and want.
If you are going to run passive components, there may be something that I am not aware of, but we need to know exactly how many channels you might plan to run. Currently sounds like 4 plus sub Do you have future plans to go fully active?

I don't know if audio control still makes an active crossover with EQ capabilities. I thought they used to but it seems like DSP is the main focus in todays market

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are several threads for DSP recommendations. I do not have a specific one to recommend. I will recommend looking at the software from various companies to see what you may like.

I think some of the popular choices would be
Helix
Arc Audio
Audison
Dayton
Audiocontrol but this forum doesn't seem to like audiocontrol for whatever reason.

There are so many DSP's made by just about everyone

I also do not know what is available to you in your country.

What are you running for speakers...2 way or 3 way up front, coax in rear and sub(s)? there are a few different ways you can run it depending on what you have and want.
If you are going to run passive components, there may be something that I am not aware of, but we need to know exactly how many channels you might plan to run. Currently sounds like 4 plus sub Do you have future plans to go fully active?

I don't know if audio control still makes an active crossover with EQ capabilities. I thought they used to but it seems like DSP is the main focus in todays market
Thankyou for your reply-the system is just for pleasure and is a bmw e39 touringi wanted speaker in the original door cards so I have Rockford fosgate t152- a pair up front and a pair in the rear- these are two way with the tweeter attached to the basket but have a built in passive crossover , i have a rainbow i Paul 300.4- this is a bit of a pain because it seems that Chanel鈥檚 one and two only have a high pass and 3 and 4 only a low- and a sound stream tra680.4, powering two 10鈥 sound stream reference subs- sealed
I don鈥檛 rlly need a dsp but it鈥檚 been a long time since I played with car audio and it鈥檚 moved on a long way since my last install in 2001 haha
And yes 4 Chanel鈥檚 full range 2 front and 2 rear, I also need 4 Chanel鈥檚 for the subs due to amp being 4 chanel.
I don鈥檛 have any plans to go fully active.
Thank you

Registered
Thankyou for your reply-the system is just for pleasure and is a bmw e39 touringi wanted speaker in the original door cards so I have Rockford fosgate t152- a pair up front and a pair in the rear- these are two way with the tweeter attached to the basket but have a built in passive crossover , i have a rainbow i Paul 300.4- this is a bit of a pain because it seems that Chanel鈥檚 one and two only have a high pass and 3 and 4 only a low- and a sound stream tra680.4, powering two 10鈥 sound stream reference subs- sealed
I don鈥檛 rlly need a dsp but it鈥檚 been a long time since I played with car audio and it鈥檚 moved on a long way since my last install in 2001 haha
And yes 4 Chanel鈥檚 full range 2 front and 2 rear, I also need 4 Chanel鈥檚 for the subs due to amp being 4 chanel.
I don鈥檛 have any plans to go fully active.
Thank you
according to The ipaul 300.4 manual it does have highpass front and rear. so technically you could use the amps as you originally wanted.

You could bridge the channels of your sub amp to make it a 2ch amp depending on impedance of the subs.
I believe with your amp, you could use 1 set of inputs for the ipaul and use the line outs to feed the sub amp.

the bad thing about only using 1 set of inputs is that you will have no fading capabilities

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.