DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I already have the question answered, but I want to ask the community for feedback...

I'm running a very basic Alpine CDE-100 HU with a single pair of RCA outs. The RCA's are currently running to my PDX-4.100, but I'm adding a PDX-1.600 to the mix. The PDX-1.600 has a RCA preout, so my plan is to run from the HU to the 1.600 and then to the 4.100 with a short RCA.

Any issues with this?

Thanks

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
nope, sounds like you have nailed. pretty sure that is the way it was intended.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Or that EQ I mentioned to ya lol. Nah, what you have lined up shouldn't give u any problems. You can always get a 2 way crossover to put right after the head unit. And some will even give u a bass knob if u wanted that extra feature.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wouldn't mind getting an EQ to put just after the head unit, but I need something simple so I can't screw up the settings. I just need one input and two out - I have have front comps and a sub. It would be nice to get a voltage bump too on the RCA's.

Any suggestions for a cheap simple solution?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
One of the good things about an eq like that Clarion I mentioned to you is being able to look at the knobs and see how you have the eq set without going through a bunch of menus on the deck. 7V output and it also has an aux input if you need it. And its all for about $40-60.
I know they arent as common as they use to be but I am like you in my system design. I want to keep it simple as possible. Deck, eq, 1 amp... and I like it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Buy the Alpine cde-123. 3 RCA outs at 4v. You'll love it.
Actually, I have my eye on that HU. I like the Pandora stuff and the 4v RCA's. I might put mine up for sale and get the new HU.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One of the good things about an eq like that Clarion I mentioned to you is being able to look at the knobs and see how you have the eq set without going through a bunch of menus on the deck. 7V output and it also has an aux input if you need it. And its all for about $40-60.
I know they arent as common as they use to be but I am like you in my system design. I want to keep it simple as possible. Deck, eq, 1 amp... and I like it.
Yeah, it's a good option too, but I would have to find a place to mount it and I'm real picky so I'm not going to velcro it somewhere...Just leads to more work really. I dunno, I am going to daisy chain them for now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts