DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the site went down Saturday there are parts that are still fawked. Are they being fixed?

When replying to a thread an error comes up, when the page is refreshed it creates a double post.

When using the new posts tab the posts are not all in order. One thread I replied in within 11 minutes was grouped in with posts between 10 and 11 hours.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Yep... When I try to post or reply it comes up with an error page... then I hit the back button and try again and it works. :mean:

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
we need a NEW tech guy.. this site is like crack dammit.. we need our fix NOW, and we cant wait.. hell i responded to couple threads and i got TRIPLE postings... people thought i was being a ass, NOT TRUE, not my fault.. fire the TECH.. and hire 2 ...

·
the darkside is loud
6,092 Posts
we need a NEW tech guy.. this site is like crack dammit.. we need our fix NOW, and we cant wait.. hell i responded to couple threads and i got TRIPLE postings... people thought i was being a ass, NOT TRUE, not my fault.. fire the TECH.. and hire 2 ...
NICE!

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

·
the darkside is loud
6,092 Posts
NICE!!

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

·
the darkside is loud
6,092 Posts
NICE!!!

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

M

·
0 Posts
The current Tech Guy is the hosting provider's tech guy, which is an industry veteran. They are theoretically specialized in vBulletin support. ANT is doing the best he can to support the community, I assure you: he picked what he was told is the best host for the job, regardless of price, and with full management services.

The issue is caused by multiple things that happened at once. We investigated the issue after the host had done their work (we are an external tech team intervening in these cases). Last week, we suspect somebody tried to inject a malicious plugin in the forums, which effectively managed to bring down a session table. The forum was restored, but was then under what looked like a DOS attack, which as many of you probably know, is nearly impossible to block. Your server can just take the hit, and resist through the wave of fake users sent its way.

The current machines have ample room for this kind of attacks; ANT is now spending a serious amount every month to guarantee that the server are constantly under maximum usage. This said, there is only so much you can do.

We are currently looking into these issues you are reporting, so have no worries: we are hearing you. If you have problems, just keep on posting here. Just a bit of patience!

There could be downtime today while we test the tables for possible damage done during the intensive times of the DOS attack.

Thanks,

Harry

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
The current Tech Guy is the hosting provider's tech guy, which is an industry veteran. They are theoretically specialized in vBulletin support. ANT is doing the best he can to support the community, I assure you: he picked what he was told is the best host for the job, regardless of price, and with full management services.

The issue is caused by multiple things that happened at once. We investigated the issue after the host had done their work (we are an external tech team intervening in these cases). Last week, we suspect somebody tried to inject a malicious plugin in the forums, which effectively managed to bring down a session table. The forum was restored, but was then under what looked like a DOS attack, which as many of you probably know, is nearly impossible to block. Your server can just take the hit, and resist through the wave of fake users sent its way.

The current machines have ample room for this kind of attacks; ANT is now spending a serious amount every month to guarantee that the server are constantly under maximum usage. This said, there is only so much you can do.

We are currently looking into these issues you are reporting, so have no worries: we are hearing you. If you have problems, just keep on posting here. Just a bit of patience!

There could be downtime today while we test the tables for possible damage done during the intensive times of the DOS attack.

Thanks,

Harry
Ok Harry, we honestly dont care what you have to say, it doesnt make us feel better.. I mean REALLY.. Do you do crack... its a obsession you cant get rid off.. I mean i dont do it, but knew someone that knew someone who also knew someone that DID.. and they need that FIX.. If they go without, and go threw a withdraw, and people tell them its ok, you will get over it, they just lied to you... they dont wanna hear it dammit... We on this forum need our DIYMA crack.. I mean ANT is pushing the DIYMA crack on US, kinda like the tobacco industry did, hell now that we got our fix going, ANT as our DIYMA CRACK dealer, should keep us supplied with NON STOP DIYMA FORUM CRACK, know what i mean...

Im in some withdraws... help us...

·
the darkside is loud
6,092 Posts
So someone hacked into the system to try and crash it.
Wow, who could possibly be that pissed off with this site or owner to hire a hacker?
There's nothing to gain other than the satisfaction in someone else's misery, unless they're trying to access personal information.

Unbelievable.
My thanks to Anthony and Harry's tech group for working on the problem.
Please notify us immediately if there was a breach allowing access to our personal information.

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

M

·
0 Posts
So someone hacked into the system to try and crash it.
Wow, who could possibly be that pissed off with this site or owner to hire a hacker?
There's nothing to gain other than the satisfaction in someone else's misery, unless they're trying to access personal information.

Unbelievable.
My thanks to Anthony and Harry's tech group for working on the problem.
Please notify us immediately if there was a breach allowing access to our personal information.

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR
Thanks Bret. Yes, ANT would warn everybody if this were the case.

Thankfully passwords are encrypted in the system, and the interest of these people is in any case not accessing user information but make the website go down.

I am not the tech currently working on the backend (I do not have access) but I know they must be working on it already.

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
I wonder if it was the banned user that basically said this was going to happen.

I remember a while back when all sentences ended with something like "students for xxxxxx" can't remember the whole sentence. I thought that was kind of weird.

I'm having the same issues but when I saw all of the other double and triple posts I realized I wasn't the only one. I keep 3 windows open so I have uninterrupted DIYMA time.

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
Got my thanks in as well lol. Ironically, right after I posted that last post everything straightened out.

·
the darkside is loud
6,092 Posts
Yep, working great now.
Thanks Tron (Harry).

I wonder if we (DIYMA members) will ever find out the story of who, why, and how it happened?
I'm sure it would be a real eye opener.

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

1 - 20 of 24 Posts