DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at options for a small amp that I can run off my desktop PC, something like a Wadia 151. Any ideas on what to look at that are cheaper alternatives to the Wadia?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Topping TP60 Tripath TA2022 50WPC (80WPC 4 Ohm) Amplifier

From Parts Express. I use on to power my Parts Express TriTrix Towers that I use for my PC.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I'll check it out. I've been looking at the little Tube amps with USB input as well.
They look interesting, any opinions on those like the Fatman?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
If I were you I would look into an old school Soundstream D100 or D60. They are super small and super clean.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Hmmm... USB tube amp... I'm listening.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I use an Audio Art 4 channel with built in crossover and a small 25amp power supply. I use a CAI passive pre for volume control and a Music Streamer II usb DAC. Its a bit unorthodox but sounds fantastic! I built some mini monitors using 3" Tang Band bamboo wide rangers and a sub with a 6.5" Tang Band neo sub. I screwed the amp to the sub enclosure and set the power supply on top with the DAC. The passive pre, with its ALPS volume knob sits, on top of my desk. Wallah!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Oh really... yes I would definitely like to hear your thoughs on it.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Me too! Curious to hear your thoughts. Seen it at Crutchfield. Looks like nice equipment. Little Pricey!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts