DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In the search for the most power in the smallest chassis, I've come across more and more manufacturers that are releasing products in this category. Here's a list. Please feel free to add any I've missed. Just to clarify small footprint, lets say less than 12" along all sides.

Alpine PDX (Class D)
Arc Audio KS mini (Class G)
Digital Designs SS (Class A/B 4/2 ch and class D mono)
Genesis Profile (Class G)
JL Audio HD (Class D)
Memphis S Class (Class D)
Pioneer PRS (Class D)
Soundstream Stealth (Class A/B 4/2 ch and class D mono)

·
Registered
87 Posts
The Alpine PDX are dam small. I bought one yesterday and was taken back for a minute. And you can get a 1000 watts from one... Not bad for power in that size.

-Matt

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Search is your friend
blaupunkt THA
Memphis S class
Sony xm series
MBquart has some
JVC arsenal
infinity has some now as well ...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Can't speak for the minis, but I have the reg. ks 300.4 and 500.1, actually I haven't gotten to listen to those yet either:D

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Search is your friend
blaupunkt THA
Memphis S class
Sony xm series
MBquart has some
JVC arsenal
infinity has some now as well ...
Didn't see any on Infinity's website. How new are they?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
most of the Linear Power amplifiers fit that footprint ;)
Great amps but their height poses a problem for space limited applications. Also, they are only available on the used market so they are not so easy to come by. Still, I'd take one if I could get one.

·
Registered
513 Posts
The Blaupunkt PA series amps are ridiculously tiny for the amount of power they put out. They also run cool so you can practically stick them in a little cubby somewhere.

I have a PA275 sitting in the garage. If I remember correctly it's about the size of a paperback book. I guess I'd be willing to sell it cheap as I don't need it, so send me a PM if interested.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
539 Posts
The new Kenwood Excelons are about as small as the PDX.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Didn't see any on Infinity's website. How new are they?

They are on crutchfield as well.
Lanzar opti were also small foot print. They have some left refurbished on their qualitycaraudio.com web site. Expect refurbs to look pretty bange dup though.

Ecliipse also has a "smaller" type full range class D amp. However I find them to be pretty big.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is a common topic on the Miata.net forum since we can install these amps in the trunk tunnels on the sides between the seats and trunk. I've got two Optis that I'm installing now--add the Hakuna sub configuration in there, new component speakers with original grills and a total stealth install.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Smallest amp I know of that has LOTS of power is the Harrison Labs amps. Tiny footprint, lots of power. About the same size as an old-school RF punch 45.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
whats a class G amp?
Its a variant of A/B which tracks the input signal and varies the voltage rail accordingly to improve efficiency.

·
"Authentic to the Music"
1,951 Posts
Didn't Alto Mobile also kick the bucket? Their website is non-existent.
Alto the company is still around as they have been for a long time, but they got out of the mobile market. My post should have said WERE small, not where, the key would have been WERE. I love the Alto amps great sounding, good power and small. Some of the best I listen to on midranges. I still have access to some.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts