DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I'm possibly considering finally adding a sub to my car (its been stock for a year+ since I bought it). I'm trying to retain as much trunk space as possible, so I'm looking for a compact sub amp with a remote level knob, since I won't have a full HU with a sub level on it (keeping the stock HU).

Got any suggestions?

·
Registered
123 Posts
jl xd 300/1 or xd 600/1 with the optional HD remote. It is a true level control and not a bass boost. They have a very small footprint.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I also recommend the JL Audio XD or HD series depending on what subwoofer you add

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the suggestions. I think for my application and price range, the JL XDs look intriguing. How new is this line of amps? Do these ever come up for sale used? Something a bit older, if still small could also work though.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
thanks for the suggestions. I think for my application and price range, the JL XDs look intriguing. How new is this line of amps? Do these ever come up for sale used? Something a bit older, if still small could also work though.
You can usually find them for sale in the classifieds section used. A few of them pop up every month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts