DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as stated to all civic owners where is the place/site that you can snake in your power cable from battery through the firewall into the interiors of the car?? i cant seem to find any hole that i can snake it through..do i have to succumed into drilling a hole to my firewall:(
if its so yikes that goin to hurt :rolleyes:

·
Registered
326 Posts
idk about civics but in integras right behind the battery there is a grommet in the firewall that accepts 1/0 gauge

·
Registered
53 Posts
gharu, try removing the driver's side fender cover. look for the rubber grommet directly behind the side fender signal light. you can put a hole in that rubber grommet to pass through the power wire. hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
it's not that hard to get the drill out. Just make sure there's nothing on the other side on where your drilling.

Another option I would see about is routing the cable under the car and dril through somewhere near the trunk area instead of trying to hide 0/1 under panels, etc.,

·
Registered
37 Posts
gharu, try removing the driver's side fender cover. look for the rubber grommet directly behind the side fender signal light. you can put a hole in that rubber grommet to pass through the power wire. hope this helps.
yea there should be a hole and grommet already there.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks man for the replies, will have a look over those regions that was mentioned..now just hope asian civics are the same as European/American civics :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
If you jack on the driver's side, and remove the plastic inner fender you should see a nice little rubber plug that goes into the side of the dash/kick panel.

I used that space for my 0/1 awg. You can fish it there from next to the fuse box under the hood by taking out the plastic trim under the hood on the driver's side.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I thought the same thing but they turned out to be different. I was able to run the 0/1 through a grommet on the upper passenger side firewall of my RSX-S. This grommet doesn't exist on my buddies SI.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I thought the same thing but they turned out to be different. I was able to run the 0/1 through a grommet on the upper passenger side firewall of my RSX-S. This grommet doesn't exist on my buddies SI.
Actually on the driver side of the RSX there is a grommet next to the kick panel/side fender. I've done it on a base and Type S RSX as well as a Civic SI. All 0 awg wiring with no issues.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Actually on the driver side of the RSX there is a grommet next to the kick panel/side fender. I've done it on a base and Type S RSX as well as a Civic SI. All 0 awg wiring with no issues.
I didnt want to run it through that grommet as it would have put the power wire right next to the head unit and RCA's.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Where are these pictures from? Meaning where did you drill that coupler in at etc.? I'm going to run mine under the car but I am looking at ideas as far as where to go through and stuff.

I'm running mine through carlon flex tubing though for more protection. But places to punch through, in front and back, are important I think.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Maybe it's because I live in Michigan, but I would think that mounting a high-current wire on the underside of a car is just asking for trouble. In can almost guarantee it would start having problems within two winters here, but probably much sooner.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
the picture is from behind that plastic fender on the driver's side, the hole existed, all I did was make it a little bigger, with a different grommet you wouldn't need to.

I had no problems putting it under the carpet in the car,

I'll get more pictures in a few days.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.