DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off id like to say im new to this forum and am very glad i finally found a site with dedicated people of the audiophile world. I currently own a Vw cabriolet. Its a hatchback convertible with (which got to be) the smallest trunk in the world. i dont want to run a heavy box but i still want some low freq's. the only thing that seperates the cabin from the trunk is a board that attaches vertically rite behind the back seat Would an infinite baffle setup work? or a sub with a very small sealed box ? im stumped:confused: do i get 2 10"s, 1 12", or 1 15"..... im in need of help

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
IB has to be 2 completely sealed off areas. if the front waves and rear waves can commingle its not IB.

There are plenty of subs these days that can run in a small box just fine. You could fiberglass something so it takes away even less space in your trunk, by optimizing the space you have.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so there goes that option:( im not sure what to expectr from a convertible. I hope im not dissapointed. I have these 2 10" advent mobile subwoofers...think they'll do the trick?? They handle about 50 rms each:rolleyes: think ill need something more hardhitting then that???

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well unlike most convertibles i dont have a tail that sticks out past the top(like an extended trunk). I can reach into my trunk from the back seat if i lift the cover(that cover is what the convertible top lays on when i put the top down). Making any sense?? ohh yea and which way do i face the subs?? i feel like if i face it backwards the bass wont resonate back to the front. i just need a very nice sq sub system and im thinkin it wont be that good with 2 10"s.... specially when both of them combines to 100w rms. Anybody ever heard of advent mobile subs???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.