DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off id like to say im new to this forum and am very glad i finally found a site with dedicated people of the audiophile world. I currently own a Vw cabriolet. Its a hatchback convertible with (which got to be) the smallest trunk in the world. i dont want to run a heavy box but i still want some low freq's. the only thing that seperates the cabin from the trunk is a board that attaches vertically rite behind the back seat Would an infinite baffle setup work? or a sub with a very small sealed box ? im stumped:confused: do i get 2 10"s, 1 12", or 1 15"..... im in need of help

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
IB has to be 2 completely sealed off areas. if the front waves and rear waves can commingle its not IB.

There are plenty of subs these days that can run in a small box just fine. You could fiberglass something so it takes away even less space in your trunk, by optimizing the space you have.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so there goes that option:( im not sure what to expectr from a convertible. I hope im not dissapointed. I have these 2 10" advent mobile subwoofers...think they'll do the trick?? They handle about 50 rms each:rolleyes: think ill need something more hardhitting then that???

·
Registered
12,571 Posts
It would be OK if you were in your garage, but convertibles need lots of power and more cone area to be heard with top down when your cruisin.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Ive got a 15 glassed into my spare tire well getting 1100 watts im my convertible. Its all about displacement and power, especially with the top down

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well unlike most convertibles i dont have a tail that sticks out past the top(like an extended trunk). I can reach into my trunk from the back seat if i lift the cover(that cover is what the convertible top lays on when i put the top down). Making any sense?? ohh yea and which way do i face the subs?? i feel like if i face it backwards the bass wont resonate back to the front. i just need a very nice sq sub system and im thinkin it wont be that good with 2 10"s.... specially when both of them combines to 100w rms. Anybody ever heard of advent mobile subs???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts