DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its an old soundstream reference 200. i was thinking it would be nice for a component set, but when i looked up its specs, i was horrified.. is there any hope for this amp? i only paid twenty bucks for it, and i will definately keep it regardless, but i'd like to put it in my car alongside my jbl gtq400 so i can run all oldschool amps. is this amp going to be any good for a 2 ohm component set? how many watts can i expect..

·
Registered
264 Posts
That is a very clean & underated amp. I once ran a G&S 3-way front with custom passive x-overs off the front two channels of a Ref405 (25x2) and all speakers were 8ohm. It did pick up when I put the rear channels on the GE206 (6.5 ") and the front on the GE1045 (4.5") & TCA1 tweets. This front stage was not only clean, but would crank as well, at least to my standards. As long as you keep it on some small mids or tweets you will be cherry, it will also do great bridged on a 10-12" sub (10w1,SS spl10,etc). Good luck with your setup, old school rules!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I personally ran Soundstream Ref for years and loved them!!!!! Very clean amps and VERY underrated as stated above..... I personally don't know what you're waiting for man, hook that bad boy up and enjoy!! And with a $20 price tag?? Even better:D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys, i'm actually waiting for some components to run with it. also the positive battery lead on the amp is stripped, i have no idea how to get it out. any suggestions?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Old School Soundstream love :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts