DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this amp for free today from a customer. I have no specs on it besides what I can read on the amp. Can anyone find info on it or better yet anyone ever heard of it? Sorry for the cell pics but thats all I got

Its brand from what I can tell is KTO International. Googled it and found nothing.

Any OGs recognize it?

Thanks for any tips about it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've never seen that one either, dodgerblue is right it looks like an old school HK knock-off. All I could come up with is it's a copy from Czech Republic, I found some Cb radio's that's about it.

·
Registered
768 Posts
the HK amps had the transformer and caps under covers on the end, this amps has nothing there.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I got this amp for free today from a customer. I have no specs on it besides what I can read on the amp. Can anyone find info on it or better yet anyone ever heard of it? Sorry for the cell pics but thats all I got

Its brand from what I can tell is KTO International. Googled it and found nothing.

Any OGs recognize it?

Thanks for any tips about it.
Wow. Never heard of that one...it must have sat in a NYC flea market for a decade - but I'd like to buy it from you if you're selling. ;)

·
Registered
524 Posts
there is no manufacturer on the board. the only markings are on the thing that makes me go "wtf is that" on the underside top left of the board.

8h10
stk4191V (roman numeral 5 for the V)
stereo amplifier

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have no clue what that is.

Wonder why 2 ground terminals though.

Do you know what the fuse rating is?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
there is no manufacturer on the board. the only markings are on the thing that makes me go "wtf is that" on the underside top left of the board.

8h10
stk4191V (roman numeral 5 for the V)
stereo amplifier

That is a STK module rated at 50WPC (0.3% THD) made by Sanyo in 1988. It was a very popular IC amplifier used in offshore designs in the 1980s. Pyramid built their name (whatever that might be) using this type of chip. It is 4 ohm stable, and (maybe) bridgeable into 8 ohms, minimum. The rest is a Bipolar power supply. The build quality is indicative of 1980's Korea.

Nice KA555 timer IC in the power supply /sarcasm. Maybe this is where they got the model number. LOL.

·
Registered
524 Posts
don't forget the giant trace repair on the main ground terminal

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
don't forget the giant trace repair on the main ground terminal
Actually, that's factory. It's a method for allowing a narrower trace to handle greater current by leaving a strip of the soldermask off so that solder pools to the trace.

It's huge for a stereo 50-Watter. Really huge and hulking. I buy rare, weirdo amps - even the really shitty ones. Sometimes I keep them in mint condition, other times I part them out for heatsink material.

·
Registered
709 Posts
When I saw on the label "hybrid IC audio power circuit" I was thinking oh no way a sanyo PA6100. I was not aware that those chips could be bridged. Bet that sounds real clean:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bridged one to a infinity kappa 4 ohm SVC not bad, I have two in mint condition no way you can make 555 with 25 amp main fuse I think the old school 100w Sanyo hit harder, and I’m certain a punch 150 does and it takes a 25 a fuse as well.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts