DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't we get it to ****ing work at least?

I mean ****, this forum has so many issues it's insane. It's slow as ****, rarely just accepts a post without either hanging there or auto-duping.

Seriously, I'm getting sick of how bad this site runs and there's no excuse in it. When it made no money under npdang it ****ing worked, now it makes money and doesn't work worth ****.

·
Registered
751 Posts
IE and firefox was running slow and freezing at work and at home... Wondered what's up!...
I'm on cable with both... Only had "Teh Auto Dupe" once...

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is the only forum that does this. I'm on high speed cable so that's not it. I use Firefox at home, but I can use IE and that doesn't help either.

It's the damn site. It sucks, and needs to be addressed.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow your angry. Nothing is perfect
I never said that it should be perfect. I've been on this site since 2006 and it used to work, now it sucks hard. If you don't care, **** it, you don't care, but I want it fixed because it should work especially since the forum earns income where it didn't before.

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
So why did you make two identical threads with the same exact starting statement/post?

I will just copy and paste my response from your other identical thread into this thread too so that we have a true redundant thread...lol

I have seen it run slow, as in yesterday. But normally it runs fine for me.

As for the constant auto-dupe that is definitely a problem. However I wanted to offer a work around....

I have noticed, in EVERY case i have tried this, that it worked. 100% success.

When posting, if it hangs up or takes a long time to seemingly process your attempt to post.....either (a) allow the slow site to finish its process or (b), wait for a minute or so....then hit the BACK button on your browser. After doing this, simply surf away from the thread you are posting to, or hit the refresh button. The point is that when you think the site is hanging up (it is....) it has actually already posted your thread within its database, but you the user are not shown the results. No need to keep clicking "post" or manually retyping and re-posting..etc.

This is not necessary, but is an extra step you can take. BEFORE you click "post" you can also hit your "CONTROL and A" keys (which will select all text) and then hit your "CONTROL and C" keys which will copy all text.

Then if your post is screwed up, never appears or has any other negative result, you can simply start another post and hit your "Control and V" keys and it will paste all the previously written text into the typing area and you can simply hit "send". I dare say you will ever need to do this....just remember. When it hangs up.....hit the BACK button and then surf around and then back to the thread....you post WILL already be there.

All that said....it does need to be fixed.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
I love that song.

It's weird for me too folks, windows, mac, linux, FF, IE, safari, you name it. it may be time for admin to go in and do a revamp, it happens from time-to-time.

But it's time.

Just search my name under the advances and search Auto Dupe. ;)

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So why did you make two identical threads with the same exact starting statement/post?

I will just copy and paste my response from your other identical thread into this thread too so that we have a true redundant thread...lol

I have seen it run slow, as in yesterday. But normally it runs fine for me.

As for the constant auto-dupe that is definitely a problem. However I wanted to offer a work around....

I have noticed, in EVERY case i have tried this, that it worked. 100% success.

When posting, if it hangs up or takes a long time to seemingly process your attempt to post.....either (a) allow the slow site to finish its process or (b), wait for a minute or so....then hit the BACK button on your browser. After doing this, simply surf away from the thread you are posting to, or hit the refresh button. The point is that when you think the site is hanging up (it is....) it has actually already posted your thread within its database, but you the user are not shown the results. No need to keep clicking "post" or manually retyping and re-posting..etc.

This is not necessary, but is an extra step you can take. BEFORE you click "post" you can also hit your "CONTROL and A" keys (which will select all text) and then hit your "CONTROL and C" keys which will copy all text.

Then if your post is screwed up, never appears or has any other negative result, you can simply start another post and hit your "Control and V" keys and it will paste all the previously written text into the typing area and you can simply hit "send". I dare say you will ever need to do this....just remember. When it hangs up.....hit the BACK button and then surf around and then back to the thread....you post WILL already be there.

All that said....it does need to be fixed.
The two threads proves my point.

I meant to only start one.

·
Registered
283 Posts
vista and firefox here, never had a double post and the site has never run slow for me.

I see tons of "daily doubles" I can't explain it

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
But you started two threads. Not slamming you, just pointing out that the computer did not make two threads....case in point is that the titles of each thread are slightly different. User error.
It's not user error. I tried to post the thread, but since I know the forum is ****ed I copied the contents first.

Of course it hung up and did nothing, so I backed out and refreshed and it never appeared. I shut down Firefox and restarted it, it still wasn't there so I reposted it. Apparently I forgot exactly what I said in the title and posted it again.

There was only one post. Then 10 minutes later now there are two posts. The forum sucks, it isn't me not knowing how to use the internet.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts