DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of installing some Art series amps into my car. I had always thought these were 2 ohm bridged stable, but when I checked (searching here and the net) I found that they are not.

So this got me to think about which ones PPI made were stable at very low ohm loads? Possibly, I am just remembering my history wrong? Maybe PPI wasn't even in this group of amps?

·
Inappropriate Thoughts
4,005 Posts
The PPI amps that were stable at low ohm loads were called..... get this.... Orion HCCA :p:D:laugh:

·
Inappropriate Thoughts
4,005 Posts
Damn, that PROMOS has two amps under one chassis :eek:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So much for my memory. I'm not sure I've even seen a PPI ProArt so I know that wasn't what I was remembering. Why I always check things again and not trust it!

So, were the Orion and MTX amps made by PPI also or were you all being sarcastic?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
What size of amp do you need? I have a proart 50 and an proart 100 that I may consider selling.

·
Inappropriate Thoughts
4,005 Posts
So much for my memory. I'm not sure I've even seen a PPI ProArt so I know that wasn't what I was remembering. Why I always check things again and not trust it!

So, were the Orion and MTX amps made by PPI also or were you all being sarcastic?
A little history:

ETA: PPI also made Crutchfield and Sansui amps :eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts