DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been a while, that was a pretty good hit there.

I am in Yorba Linda and was surprised at how much my little single story swayed...... good think it was a very short one

·
Registered
138 Posts
Daaaaaaaaaamn that was scary!!!

That was a good minute? I'm at work on a second story, I thought the floor was going to collapse. Anyone know the magnitude of the quake?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Damn....this shitz got me right up from bed. It's funny my little dog started to bark about a few seconds before this earthquake hit.

According to the news, the earthquake magnitude was 5.8 & the epicenter was at Chino Hills, and I can still feel some aftershocks. I'm going to check the gas pipe outside my house.

I'm still picking up some stuff in my house which fell off to the floor. Everything seems okay as a now.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Odd coincidence, of sorts, but I was on the phone with someone in L.A. (I'm in San Diego) and they told me an earthquake was happening... not 5 seconds later I felt it down here. Mother Nature FTW!! :eek:

·
Registered
751 Posts
I was there for the Big Bear quake... and many others (SF, Fullerton)... Little early for "the season" isn't it?

·
Registered
85 Posts
here working away in la mirada.. Warehouse swayed like a mofo.. I read it went south to SD all the way to the northern counties of LA and as far out as vegas.. big ole bastard

·
Mobile Audio SQ
3,360 Posts
Just heard from my brother who lives in a highrise in downtown LA and was on the roof swiming. He said the building was swaying enough for the water to be coming over the sides.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Just heard from my brother who lives in a highrise in downtown LA and was on the roof swiming. He said the building was swaying enough for the water to be coming over the sides.
Damn, that's some crazy shit! If you were swimming (not touching the ground) would you even feel it? I'd think you'd just notice the water going everywhere and wonder where the fat kid was that must have just jumped in the pool.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I felt it here. It stirred up the garage a bit, still a mighty fine day here in socal...5.8 :D:D:D weak sauce...

My GF didn't even feel it while driving to lunch.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I was watching the news, aftershocks are what we must fear the most. There is something like 30% probably that a bigger one is to coming within 7 days.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts