DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought i would throw it out there my experience. Bought a couple sets of speaker sets from this guy, Hertz hsk 163 and dsk 165 for a great price. He is definetly a wheeler and dealer so offer what you think, just might work out to your price. I have seen threads on this guy on this forum questioning is he for real or what. I decided to take a chance and it went well. Fast shipping and they where as described, new, unused, not refurbished. Came in sealed factory boxes. I used the thread on this forum to confirm to the best of my abilities that they are not fake. Had all the signs, markings and electrical componets that this thread said to look for in real hertz speakers. So for me it worked out to be a great deal and i will buy from him again. Take it for what it is worth.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Ok guys I'll chime in here as I've bought a ton of stuff from Marker(eBay) and he is legit. I just took delivery of some Audison Voce speakers and a few Hertz High Energy 10's. Got a bit one and even some of the HDP amps! When I first ordered a couple of pairs if High Energy components I feared I might get knockoffs so I did something that was quite costly but it ensured that what what I got from Marker was legit. What I did was order from the Malaysian guy that sells the The HSK165 dirt cheap......now he shipped FedEx very fast BUT when I got the two sets side by side there was definitely a color difference in the orange on the boxes. The one from Marker was vibrant orange and the Malaysian sellers were a dull orange. Once we tore into the two there were definitely differences in build quality. There is no doubt in my mind or the other guys that were there to witness this that the Malaysian set was FAKE! I gonna say that if you've never seen a set of real Hertz speakers or if you had no experience with them then you would have a hard time knowing the difference.......the fakes are that well copied. It's kinda scary honestly! Also another thing is when i asked the malaysian seller about other Hertz products he/she claimed that the HSK165's were the only Hertz products they had. That raised a flag for me also. Anyway I haven't listened to either yet so i cant coment on sound but I just wanted to share my experience with everyone. Marker is the real deal and seems to be a real nice person from the conversations we've had. I'll try to post a few pics when I get home to show some of the differences. Their much like the other thread about the fakes but I think he's talking about the Mille line.

Marker isn't his real name just part of his User ID......

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
Is this gentleman a vendor, or is there a link to his wares?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found him on ebay. I typed in hertz and his for sale stuff came up. I only knew to look for him because of this forum.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, looking forward to seeing the side by side pics.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Here's a few shots......sorry these aren't that great as they were shot with my phone.

In this shot the Malaysian set is on the left and the one we feel is fake. Main difference of this shot is the grill thickness

[/IMG]

Fake Build Quality Shot: 1st 2 are of fakes and the 2nd 2 are of real

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

On these two shots you can see the difference in the color and notice the 2nd pic shows the terminal polarity and the 1st doesn't. 1st shot is of the fake and the 2nd is the real

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Again shoddy work on the 1st vs the real one

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Crossover's -- 1st shot is of fake and 2nd is of real

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Another shot of the crossovers.....different componets. Fake is 1st - real is 2nd

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Last shot of the crossover back.......can't tell a whole lot about this picture but the type of sticker used on the left one seems cheap and like it will just wash off and the one on the right looks real. Left one is of Fake set and the right is of Real.

[/IMG]

Grills for the midbass....like before grill spacing and the thickness.....the real one is much thinner and looks much better.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Would love everyone's thoughts on this.....I'm by no means a expert on Hertz stuff and as you can see if someone has no experience in them then it could be easy to pass the suppose fake set as real. Or could the said fake set just be an older batch? Someone with some knowledge please chime in.......

·
Registered
343 Posts
Ok guys I'll chime in here as I've bought a ton of stuff from Marker(eBay) and he is legit. I just took delivery of some Audison Voce speakers and a few Hertz High Energy 10's. Got a bit one and even some of the HDP amps! When I first ordered a couple of pairs if High Energy components I feared I might get knockoffs so I did something that was quite costly but it ensured that what what I got from Marker was legit. What I did was order from the Malaysian guy that sells the The HSK165 dirt cheap......now he shipped FedEx very fast BUT when I got the two sets side by side there was definitely a color difference in the orange on the boxes. The one from Marker was vibrant orange and the Malaysian sellers were a dull orange. Once we tore into the two there were definitely differences in build quality. There is no doubt in my mind or the other guys that were there to witness this that the Malaysian set was FAKE! I gonna say that if you've never seen a set of real Hertz speakers or if you had no experience with them then you would have a hard time knowing the difference.......the fakes are that well copied. It's kinda scary honestly! Also another thing is when i asked the malaysian seller about other Hertz products he/she claimed that the HSK165's were the only Hertz products they had. That raised a flag for me also. Anyway I haven't listened to either yet so i cant coment on sound but I just wanted to share my experience with everyone. Marker is the real deal and seems to be a real nice person from the conversations we've had. I'll try to post a few pics when I get home to show some of the differences. Their much like the other thread about the fakes but I think he's talking about the Mille line.

Marker isn't his real name just part of his User ID......
Yeah, just letting the public know Marker sold me fakes - Hertz HL70s.

1)Thicker grill material.

2) Sticker on the back of the motor has a weird grey splotch.

3) Dark grey/black cone instead of the gray cone.

4) Slightly darker basket.

5) No Hertz logo on the dustcap.

6) The roll in the surround doesn't appear to be as wide & tall as the real drivers.

7) Where Hertz inserts their logo into the frame is flush. On the fakes it's raised and crooked.

8) Solder job on the terminals isn't bad, but not what you'd expect from a high end company like Hertz. One of the terminals is crooked like there is a defect in the stamping process.

I emailed Hertz the serial numbers just to double check, but I think that's enough evidence to say they're fakes. They are "high quality" for fakes and they don't sound bad. I've already gone thru fakes with TheWireZone on Amazon and some DLS UP2.5i domes, which did sound bad. I'm tempted to keep these, but I plan to return them as I feel I'm rewarding the scumbag if I don't get my money back. Unfortunately, I have to eat a $30 shipping fee to the US and another $30 to return them, but as I said I don't want reward his bull****!

If I hear different from Hertz, I'll update the thread. Working on getting some pics up, but I don't have a real one to compare it to, only the pics from the Hertz website.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Well, I take back my previous post about these being fakes. :blush: :blush: :blush:

After contacting Hertz, they say that they feel these are not counterfeit. I assume Hertz did their due diligence; they requested the name of the seller, detailed pics of the packaging and speakers and serial numbers.

Assuming these are genuine, you don't get what Hertz pictures on their website, kinda like when you get your food at the restaurant it looks nothing like the picture on the menu. ;)

First pic is from the Hertz website, the next pic is the driver I received; notice the differences in the inset logo.

Hertz Website 1 Photo by Jimi759 | Photobucket

IMG_2487.jpg Photo by Jimi759 | Photobucket

Again, the first pic is from Hertz's website, the second is the driver I received. Different (color) cone and dust cap.

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n632/Jimi759/HL70_Top_view.jpg

IMG_2489.jpg Photo by Jimi759 | Photobucket

Actually, now that I've taken a closer look at the pics off the Hertz website, they appear to be artist's renderings vs real pics. That would explain the difference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts