DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

SOLD 3 Audiofrog GB60 Midbass Drivers

2K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  SkizeR 
#1 · (Edited)
I have 2 Audiofrog GB60 Drivers Like New 9.9 out of 10.
1 Audiofrog GB60 never seen Power
Total 3 Speakers.

Selling car. Have 2 aluminum Mounting plates but no grills.

Retail New 1350 3 Drivers......
425 Shipped for all 3 Drivers
350 Shipped for Pair and get BNew xtra Driver for 75 Dollars.

I Ship UPS Insured.

PayPal. lchijner@gmail.com
References available on request.

Attachments

See less See more
#11 ·
Look. Sometimes these things happen. It wasn’t intentional. It’s only car audio.
It’s not life or death..
David Pmd me the same time as Christopher. His payment came through first and I was looking at 2 payments. The only thing I could do is give them to the person that sent the money first. If I did it the other way, it wouldn’t be right to David. Peace..

#12 ·
This is hilarious. I get it. You sent him the PayPal first, but he and I had a dialog going since 1036PM in a conversation. He asked me if I wanted them and that he was "holding them" for me at 1047 and at 1050, I had asked him if he was good with PayPal fees while I was waiting to hit the button to send money because I actually thought about hooking him up by sending it as a "friend". He didn't get back to me so I just sent the money as goods/services because I didn't want to wait. In the meantime you sent money, he tells me they are mine and that he'd mark them sold. Then he tells me you sent your money first. Sorry, call me stupid, but I don't do business like that, especially with something I know is going to sell in like 4.7 minutes at that price. If I tell someone I am holding something for them pending an answer, I am going to at least give the electrons more than 3 minutes to go out and come back. As if he would have lost a sale to you as plan B on 3 GB60's for $425... for real? LOL

He didn't message you at the same time. You wrote a few post above I messaged you 5 min before him.

You're right. It's just car audio. Peace.

#13 ·
Look. One more time. I had 2 people interested in buying these drivers at the same time. The first person to pay was the person these drivers are going to. It’s nothing personal but the only right thing to do. I’m done discussing this. I’ve sold Hundreds of items on this board and never once cheated anyone.
I am sorry this happened this way but it did. This post is done as far as I am concerned.
Thanks

#17 · (Edited)
That's a great concept and maybe we've all learned something from this. I've been buying and selling stuff online since the days of dial-up and have never posted my PP address expecting the world to think I am going to take the money of the first person who sends it to me over someone whom I had clearly established a dialogue and a pecking order with about purchasing the item. Maybe a note like this in the Ad would have helped: "Just send me money and don't get up to take a piss or get a beer out of the cooler after I tell you I'm holding them for you because I'll sell them out from underneath you.". LOL It's not like I ghosted him for 20-30 minutes while people were waiting. We are talking about 3 minutes here with an exchange of conversation that included a "I am holding them for you". Don't bother telling me you're "holding them" for me if you're not really "holding them" for me. Get it?! If it'd had been me selling this, I would have sent the other dude's money back and clearly told him, "Sorry man, I told the other dude I was holding them for him and he had expressed interest first" and I am not just pulling that out of my arse because I lost out on the buy. It's just my way of doing business. To each his own. I don't just hand over money without having some sort of "dialogue" first. I could have expressed interest and had a legitimate question I needed you to answer about the sale, like, "Why are there only pics of two drivers and not three, when you're selling three? Where's the other one?".

Look, I can just laugh and we can agree to disagree about what was "fair". Like I said, I've done business online for decades and I am sorry to say this one was the biggest crocks of $hit I've encountered in a long time. I just bought a BNIB set of GB10/GB25's a few days ago from someone in this forum with almost the same exact scenario and timeline and that seller honored a pecking order. That transaction even went into the next day because the seller needed to make sure everything was still in the box. He had a line of 4 or 5 people when he messaged me the next day to confirm I was still interested. It is unfortunate since Larry seems to have a good rep here and I don't doubt it, but the truth is the truth and the following is how this went down minute by minute:

10:33PM: Larry posted the ad
10:36PM: [Me] "You're probably going to get this question quite a bit, but would you sell just two? "
10:38PM: [Larry] "350 Pr....Shipped, Basically giving away the 3rd driver for 75, If interested, let me know. Thanks! Larry C"
10:42PM: [Me] "Ha. Well since you put it that way, I guess I should take all 3 and try to unload the extra one myself later. LOL"
10:45PM: [Larry] "It’s a great deal. I’m turning in my lease so they are ready to be shipped. Excellent Drivers! PayPal to lchijner@gmail.com and I’ll mark them SOLD and please send complete name and shipping address and email Incase UPS needs it. Thanks......Larry C"
10:47PM: [Larry] "Do you want them for sure? A guy just posted he wants to buy them but I am holding them for you. Please advise...Thanks Larry"
10:50PM: [Me] "Ok, are you OK with the PayPal fees?"
[No answer]
10:50PM: [Me] "Yes, about to send $"
[Sent money at 10:54PM]
10:54PM: [Larry] "they are yours...I marked them SOLD. I’ll let ya know the tracking number once shipped.
Probably ship Tom or no later than Wednesday.....Thanks again. larry C lchijner@gmail.com"
10:59PM: [Larry] "What is your real name. I had 2 people send me payment...."
[Two more posts from me giving him my personal info]
11:11PM: [Larry] "Kristopher. David sent his money through 10:48 and yours came through 10:54. I will refund your money and see if I can find some more for you. I am very sorry but it is only fair.
Thanks for understanding. Larry C"

And then of course that's when the proverbial $hit hit the fan. Even if he had expressed interest "at the same time", which he really didn't, the keywords here were, "Do you want them for sure? A guy just posted he wants to buy them but I am holding them for you. Please advise...Thanks Larry". If there was no intent to honor anything like this in the 3 minutes you waited for my answer, why would you bother to type a statement like that out and then try to justify the way you handled it as "fair"? Sorry for the drama. I just thought it was a kind of a dick move.

He is prolly from a higher end forum like Rolex, omega forum or home audio forum.
I don't even know what that means, but no, I am not on a "higher end forum".

Anyway, take care. Enjoy the GB's. I am sure there are plenty more "fish in the sea".

#16 ·
He is prolly from a higher end forum like Rolex, omega forum or home audio forum. If there seller lists a PP and an email it is understood that payment first is priority. I get where you are coming from I do but it's not like he just put an email and didn't designate a PayPal which would indicate a conversation first.

Offer still stands, i will do right by you on that third if you track down another which i know at least two guys here have a single.

#23 ·
To be fair, you cant trust half of these guys with paying for stuff when they seem interested. Most of the time they just want to talk the talk without taking the walk. I would have done the same thing as larry. Whoever pays first is who they belong to. Dont like it? Buy them new for full price from your local dealer and quit bitching because you're pissed at yourself that you stalled on a good deal.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Reactions: j-man
#24 ·
Great. Put "First person to send money to me gets the goods" in your ad. Problem solved. Some people may view it as bitching. Others may view it as calling someone out for a dick move. No one selling three GB60's for $425 on this forum should be concerned about getting dicked over by a potential buyer without having 4 or 5 or 10 more people right behind them and feel like they've got a gun to their head waiting 3 or 4 minutes for a response through the bowels of the internet. When you tell me you're holding them, F'n hold them 3 minutes while I boot up my GD PayPal account and keep your word. I felt I was fairly clear I wanted them. It's probably best the mods just close this thread.

#25 ·
Its not a dick move. Larry has been selling here for YEARS, as have I. We know how the members here can be. Talk talk talk talk, and then turn into a ghost when it comes time to actually send money. The amount of times I've heard a variation of "yeah let me just get to my computer so I can get on Paypal" and end up with nothing after that is absurd. Screw that. Youre not buying from a dealer. You are buying from a private seller where there is zero obligation outside of exchanging funds and goods received as described. Thats it. So again, go buy a new pair from a dealer locally if you want to be treated as an actual customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.