DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Up for sale are a new set of limited edition Ground Zero Plutonium 3 way components with passive crossovers. Never been installed, come in the limited metal suitcase. Asking $1,350/obo Shipped lower 48

Automotive lighting Camera lens Point-and-shoot camera Electronic instrument Audio equipment

Camera lens Reflex camera Digital camera Audio equipment Camera accessory

Pink Dishware Drinkware Table Jewellery

·
Premium Member
2021 Ford Mustang
1,537 Posts
One of the best 3 way sets out there! GLWS, great price.

Reactions: moparman79

·
Registered
76 Posts
I don't have enough information on this set to really pull the trigger on it.. seems they are tech from 2014? or at least that was the last update on them.. I also reached out to a builder who does some of the GZ sema builds and they said GZ was not using their speakers in them (just their amps and other equipment).. seems odd they would choose something other than the Plutoniums (I won't say much more, as I'm not at liberty with that info as it was offered in confidence..) but it did puzzle me a bit, that not even the manufacture is currently showcasing these anymore.

·
Premium Member
2021 Ford Mustang
1,537 Posts
I don't have enough information on this set to really pull the trigger on it.. seems they are tech from 2014? or at least that was the last update on them.. I also reached out to a builder who does some of the GZ sema builds and they said GZ was not using their speakers in them (just their amps and other equipment).. seems odd they would choose something other than the Plutoniums (I won't say much more, as I'm not at liberty with that info as it was offered in confidence..) but it did puzzle me a bit, that not even the manufacture is currently showcasing these anymore.
They are an older set but similar to the current Plutonium line. What's the point of you flirting speculation and withholding information? There could have been a thousand different reasons but none of the reasons detract that this is one incredible set of 3 way speakers. I would put it up against the Arc Audio RS or Audio Frog line any day. I personally run the Nuclear series in my car with phenomenal results. I have used every brand you can think of and I just prefer the way they sound.

·
Registered
76 Posts
They are an older set but similar to the current Plutonium line. What's the point of you flirting speculation and withholding information? There could have been a thousand different reasons but none of the reasons detract that this is one incredible set of 3 way speakers. I would put it up against the Arc Audio RS or Audio Frog line any day. I personally run the Nuclear series in my car with phenomenal results. I have used every brand you can think of and I just prefer the way they sound.
Thank you for the reply, I tried to google reviews on these, all is from 2013 and 2014 etc.. I called 10 different shops I kid you not and even some high-end installers that are dealers said they have never sold a set here in the US and could not give me any feedback. The said they would go Arc over Frog... but had not information good or bad about the Plutoniums.. all I really need is information.. all I got was what I posted, that installer also mentioned that they have never heard this set. but had build a vehicle for the brand and it was powering other brand speakers. I don't know any more details. again I'm not at liberty to mention the other brand as I said I wouldn't as this vehicle has not seen prime time yet! After Sema yes I will share pictures even!

·
Premium Member
2021 Ford Mustang
1,537 Posts
Back in 2013-2014 I believe Ground Zero was imported by a different company, not HKI. There is no way of knowing their logic of not using the speakers back then. Their Nuclear and Plutonium tweeter is among one of the best I have ever used. The midbass handles power all the way down to 70hz with a 24db slope with ease. When I say power, I mean 130-150 watts per midbass. I have been extremely impressed with my set.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
These are only a limited edition run they did in the suite case around 2014-2015. Reason no current dealers used them is because they were not mostly dealers back then when I was a dealer. The distributor at the time only bought in a few. I got two of them, the rest was sold around the world. These were over $5k retail at the time. I’ve used the plutonium 3 way components in a Porsche 911 turbo build I did and they sound amazing. That was active setup. I’m not in these sound better then those or these debates. Everyone hears different and like different sound. Installation ((tuning)) and speaker placement and type of vehicle is more important then brand. They are high quality speakers like the rest you mentioned. Just theses come with ridiculously sweet passive crossovers that are built very well. These are not your common passive crossover that comes in a set.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Back in 2013-2014 I believe Ground Zero was imported by a different company, not HKI. There is no way of knowing their logic of not using the speakers back then. Their Nuclear and Plutonium tweeter is among one of the best I have ever used. The midbass handles power all the way down to 70hz with a 24db slope with ease. When I say power, I mean 130-150 watts per midbass. I have been extremely impressed with my set.
[/QUOTE

yes I totally agree with everything you said. I found same results with these speakers. Ives used the nuclear as well. Are you using the older blue nuclear basket drivers? If so they are even better in every way. Sound and build quality.

·
Premium Member
2021 Ford Mustang
1,537 Posts
I have used the older ones but I'm currently using the newer ones that have the black basket. My memory is not accurate enough to compare the older ones to the new ones I have. All I can say is I'm a fan of both of them.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well ANS.. you convinced me.. and the fact that you also deal ARC and put these over I trust your word, thanks for replying with relevant information! Paid and waiting for these puppies to arrive!!

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sold!

·
Premium Member
2021 Ford Mustang
1,537 Posts
Well ANS.. you convinced me.. and the fact that you also deal ARC and put these over I trust your word, thanks for replying with relevant information! Paid and waiting for these puppies to arrive!!
Congrats! How will you power them?

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have a Zapco Z-150.6LX or I might go with the Audison 8.9f I just picked up here.. I'm not sure.. I also have an older mosconi 100.4 AS that I replaced for the 4/10 pro in my car..

Mosconi pro 4/10 = midrange + tweeters
Mosconi pro 2/10 = midbass

would be nice if money isnt an issue

·
Premium Member
2021 Ford Mustang
1,537 Posts
I have a Zapco Z-150.6LX or I might go with the Audison 8.9f I just picked up here.. I'm not sure.. I also have an older mosconi 100.4 AS that I replaced for the 4/10 pro in my car..
Either the zapco or audison would make a great setup with the new speakers. Exciting build you have.

Reactions: killadawg
1 - 16 of 16 Posts