DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These were mounted temporarily (maybe two weeks) but due to them being too deep for my doors I ended up going with a shallower Focal speaker. These were not able to have the proper install due to the door panels they were mounted to not being able to attach fully to the doors. However, with that said they sounded sweet. Will be packaged in original styrofoam but not the box. Looking for $425 shipped to conus.

I'm also going to be selling a set of new Morel Elate TI MW 9 speakers that I somehow thought would fit the doors as well...never even tried to install these as I just took one of the grills and moved it around on the door panels to only find out that it wouldn't fit.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would prefer selling to a DIYMA member, but I keep getting offers on ebay for more than the price I'm listing them here...so good morning bump!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Would prefer selling to a DIYMA member, but I keep getting offers on ebay for more than the price I'm listing them here...so good morning bump!
With ebay and PayPal fees I can. Sell stuff almost 100 dollars cheaper on here than on ebay.
Something to keep in mind

·
Registered
Pioneer DEH-80PRS active Alpine 4.150 Dynaudio MD130 Audio Development W600 Alpine 1.1000 JBL 12GTI
375 Posts
Are these 2ohm or 4ohm?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I believe they are 2 ohm, but need to test them out with my multimeter. Won't be able to do that until this evening when I get home.

·
Registered
Pioneer DEH-80PRS active Alpine 4.150 Dynaudio MD130 Audio Development W600 Alpine 1.1000 JBL 12GTI
375 Posts
No worries, jlmk 👍
I was thinking that was what the "2" was for in the model number but my internet search couldn't confirm it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
2.88" or 73.2mm
I was finally able to confirm with a multimeter that these are 2 ohm.

·
Registered
332 Posts
what series is this?

1) its obviously not from the new 165w-xp series as that clearly says 165w-xp on its sticker on the back

2) its not the previous series either as that series had 8 installatio holes, a silver magnet not black and was stamped 165w-rc and has Bonniville's signature on it.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I know, it's been difficult trying to track down any info on these. I know this outfit was selling them: Focal Utopia Speakers - YouTube

Indeed it does seem to the exactly those, odd that Focal would make such a series and not have a single pdf on it or anything mentioned in any dealer or review about them

looks as though these were sample/demo series and a hybrid between the new XP and old RC as it has the cone and surround from the RC yet the magnet and basket from the XP.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts