DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Brand new in box its the new Flax Evo, the new evo has a upgraded tweeter and upgraded driver compared to the first PS165FX, Tweeter and driver have a lower fs and higher power rating. Crossovers are bi-ampable. Sadly they will not fit in my car doors so I'm selling them. They come in the box. Matching serial #'s on the box and drivers. Asking $380 out the door, I will cover PP fees and shipping. If you live in Hawaii or Alaska we will have to reevaluate the shipping.

edit 05/25/20 price drop $380 and buyer covers shipping and pp fees

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the mounting depth is about 1/2" too deep. I can fit 2.75" but I'm adding some boom mat protective baffles (with the bottom cut out) and it adds another 0.25" so I'm going to purchase a new set of drivers with a max mount depth of 2.5" I have to have the baffles, it rained yesterday and theres a decent amount of rain that leaks through the window seal and into the door even though its a brand new car which suprised me even for a toyota corolla

These focal are like 3" deep

I tried a spacer ring but It was so obvious it was going to hit my door panel I did not even screw them in. And there's no room to cut out any plastic. Just straight up out of room. Which sucks because I've been researching drivers for weeks and finally purchased this set only to find out i miscalculated my measurments. Back to the drawing board LOL

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would get the dealer to fix the weather strip ASAP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know I'm looking into that, the strip appears in good condition the car is one year old so not brand new but pretty close. Its leaking on the back side of where the vapor barrier goes and its all painted in there with drain holes but its not something I want to live with if I can help it somehow.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brand new in box its the new Flax Evo, the new evo has a upgraded tweeter and upgraded driver compared to the first PS165FX, Tweeter and driver have a lower fs and higher power rating. Crossovers are bi-ampable. Sadly they will not fit in my car doors so I'm selling them. They come in the box. Matching serial #'s on the box and drivers. Asking $500 out the door, I will cover PP fees and shipping. If you live in Hawaii or Alaska we will have to reevaluate the shipping price.

View attachment 269353

View attachment 269354

View attachment 269355

View attachment 269356

View attachment 269357

View attachment 269358

PRICE DROP TO $500 - I COVER SHIPPING AND PAYPAL FEES

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
New price- $380 + shipping and PayPal fees. New in box. PM me if interested and I can tell you how much shipping would be. (Probably Somewhere around $25-30 to most of the US)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice set of drivers. I'm still trying to figure out if they fit for my application.

They are beautiful drivers, I actually chose these over the K2 series because they are supposed to have a more natural sound with little couloration compared to the kevlar, and they are the newer EVO flax that has a higher power handling closer to the K2 than the original flax set. and an upgraded tweeter with a lower FS on both the woofer and tweeter. I'm bummed out they are too deep for my doors, but I know someone will enjoy them for a great price.

·
Registered
403 Posts
They are beautiful drivers, I actually chose these over the K2 series because they are supposed to have a more natural sound with little couloration compared to the kevlar, and they are the newer EVO flax that has a higher power handling closer to the K2 than the original flax set. and an upgraded tweeter with a lower FS on both the woofer and tweeter. I'm bummed out they are too deep for my doors, but I know someone will enjoy them for a great price.
Speaking of the tweeter, do you know for sure what material/s it is composed from?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts