DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New in box - woofers only, not component set. still in packaging from manufacturer. $200 + shipping and PP fees. These are the 3 ohm “P” version with extra midbass!

·
Banned
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump! Great deal for anyone that does not want to buy a full component set with crossovers and tweeters! I can also do $200 plus shipping and PP fees it might come out a bit cheaper than. $250 all in..

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
What freq. range should these be set to? What would be the best method without the factory crossover?

·
Banned
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hertz does 4000hz, I would reccomend a crossover at 2500 to 3500hz. Heres some crossovers on amazon for dirt cheap at 3500hz if you dont know how to build your own or dont have a DSP. **** these might be cheaper than building your own. less than $15 for a set of two way 12/db crossovers... nice

·
Banned
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Or buy a pair of these (they are 3500hz) if youre not into soldering(the other ones you have to solder the wires onto) They both will be crossovers for woofers and tweeters. So you can hook up a tweeter on there without having to buy another crossover...

If you happen to have a crossover for the tweeters you will be using already all you seriously need is a inductor on each woofer and youre done

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Ok. I already have nice Hertz tweeters installed in my pillars with inline crossovers. Just would like to get a component like 6.5" instead of the hertz mille pro 2 way in my doors. I really dont want to take the pillars off again, should of went component from the start but you live and learn.

·
Banned
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You dont have to. Since you already have tweeers with crossovers you can easily add woofers. Are you saying you have coaxials in your doors in addition to tweeters? That will throw the sound off like its coming from multiple directions. Find out what will fit in your doors, all you need for a woofer is a simple inductor on the positive wire with the woofer. They are like $5 and you could use a 0.15mh inductor to do that then the woofer will only play up to 3500hz. But I would find out what the crossover is on your tweeter and you can then calculate what frequency you need the woofers to play up to. The goal is to not have them both playing the same frequencies. Its the same thing thats in the two way crossovers but only half of the puzzle. You already have the other half for your tweeter which will be a capacitor inside the crossover.

·
Banned
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bump!! Still available for $200 + shipping and PP fees. Not B stock, they came direct from electro media through a distributor and Are New in original bulk packaging!

I will throw in a set of alpine SPR-10TW Type R tweeters with crossovers for $30 extra if you buy the woofers and want them!! (That’s retail $180 set of silk dome tweeters!)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hertz does 4000hz, I would reccomend a crossover at 2500 to 3500hz. Heres some crossovers on amazon for dirt cheap at 3500hz if you dont know how to build your own or dont have a DSP. **** these might be cheaper than building your own. less than $15 for a set of two way 12/db crossovers... nice

If you have the 28 series you can open up the frequency width. With the passive network on the tweeters he is running you might want to change that up. Those are not the modeled after the 280.3 and are not in the same class.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts