DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yes, the Summer Sale must continue! Please help me clean off my shelves of gear that I will not be able to use! This was purchased for the GF, but she doesn't use it, so...

For Sale: ifi ZEN Balanced & Single-Ended DAC/Headphone Amplifier/Preamp!

Excellent Condition in Original Box with all of the original contents!

(stock photos from Internet below)

More Information HERE:

Burr-Brown True Native Bit-Perfect DAC

Balanced and Standard Headphone Outputs AND Rear Preamp Outputs!

Balanced Connections via Sony's 4.4mm Pentacon jacks.

Digital Input via USB from your PC, Mac, iPhone/iPad, or Android Smart Device with the appropriate adapter!

This DAC/Headphone Amplifier will operate via USB Power, OR you can connect it to a separate 5v/2.5 amp power supply.

I also have the optional iFi iPower 5V @ 2.5 amp "Clean" Power Supply for this with all of the Adaptor Cables included in the Original Box that I will include at an additional price if desired. It also supplies 5v/9v/12v/15v with the included adapters and has interchangeable International power plugs. It is a High-Quality $50 PSU!

The Headphone Amplifier has a switch for using sensitive low-impedance IEMs & earbuds, or More Power for Full-Size high-impedance headphones.

There is also a front panel Bass Boost switch.

The Rear Preamp Outputs can be switched to Fixed Level, or they can output a Variable Level via the Front Volume Knob. In Fixed-Level Output mode, the Volume Potentiometer circuit is bypassed and it outputs slightly more power.

The RCA Preamp Output is 2.1 volts Single-Ended & 4.2 volts Balanced.

This can be used at home, or in your vehicle's audio system like several competitors use the Topping D10 DACs to feed the audio signal into their DSP of choice!

The footprint (width & length) is smaller than an iPad Mini, and it is a very High-Quality Brushed & Anodized Aluminum case! No cheap plastic. The volume knob is High-Quality as well, and a ring of multi-colored light emits from behind the volume knob with a particular Color to indicate the Bit Depth & Sample Rate of the file that is being played. :)

Authorized Internet Price:

$129.95 + Tax

My Price:

$95 + $9 S&H! (and NO Sales Tax)

PHOTOS : I am working on posting a photo album.

This would provide an excellent, inexpensive and compact Home Audio SQ Headphone System or DAC for your home Amplifier & Speakers! Or perfect for a compact secondary listening station in your den, office, or bedroom. :)

Excellent DAC to play your Digital Files from your PC or Mac Laptop, or from your Smartphone or iPad/Tablet, and IMO is better than the Topping D10 series.

NO TRADES

PAYMENT via PayPal + ~3% and Shipped within the CONUS Only.

NO International Sales or Shipping.

Contact me via PM, but EMAIL will usually get a faster response at:

bbfoto AT hotmail DOT com

SPECS, PHOTOS, & CUSTOMER REVIEWS are all over the Internet & YouTube!

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Great dac for the price!

Reactions: bbfoto

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
PRICE DROP & Bump for a nice little DAC / Headphone Amp / Preamp!

$99 Shipped in Original Box with Accessories!

I think there is a new firmware for these to improve the sound and/or features. I hadn't bothered to install it because it already sounds great to me.

I used this with my Beyerdynamic T1, DT-880 250-ohm, Ora Sound Graphene-Q, and AKG N5005 IEMs with great results.

But you could use it in your car audio system as the Hi-Res DAC/Preamp as well.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Sent you an email. BTW, I recently had trouble with my Mytek (Brooklyn Bridge). The network input has failed with low volume and high noise. No response from email to Mytek support after three weeks.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sent you an email. BTW, I recently had trouble with my Mytek (Brooklyn Bridge). The network input has failed with low volume and high noise. No response from email to Mytek support after three weeks.
Email replied.

And thanks for the heads up regarding your Brooklyn Bridge. I have the same unit, so far with no issues, but that is certainly discouraging to hear, especially from a company such as Mytek. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts