407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ITEM IS SOLD:

ITEM BRAND & MODEL #: JL Audio 18w6 dual 6 ohm

CONDITION:
(New / 8/10)

PRICE: ($300.00)

SHIPPING: (UPS Ground, insured, quoted)

Details:. I've had the sub for ages.. had a car back in the day that had a pair of them and this was my backup for SPL/sq comps The surround was damaged in shipping/moving 20+ years ago.. it's was repaired then and it's still holding fine today. This subwoofer is still brand new in the box. I just tested it tonight it shows 6ohms on both coils and moves freely through it's range. It's been stored in a climate-controlled house.
Not even sure what it's worth so just listing it where I did.

I kept this because I was going to use it as a home theater woofer and never got around to building it and my current house I got nowhere to put it.

Yes that is a TDX 12 in the picture looking super small..

·
Registered
310 Posts
That picture with the 12 looks photo shopped. That 18 is freaking huge. Buddy had 2 In a cutlass. You could hear the trunk rattle on the inside of the car.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I recall a company was reproducing these with old stock. Can't seem to find them...

I had two 18W6 in the early 2000's I regret selling them.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Still water designs or something like that. Same company did oem stuff for kicker and someone else....I think.
The company was credence. They were the build house for several brands, the old kicker"stillwater" , jl and others. I have a 18w6 when they cleared out the last of the stock many years back.

To the OP, good luck selling the 18W6, it was a very good sub. Let me do some digging. I might have the enclosure specs from JL somewhere.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The company was credence. They were the build house for several brands, they old kicker"stillwater" , jl and others. I have a 18w6 when they cleared out the last of the stock many years back.
Yes! That was them. I regret not buying 3-4 of them.

OP, you only have this one correct?

·
Registered
310 Posts
The company was credence. They were the build house for several brands, the old kicker"stillwater" , jl and others. I have a 18w6 when they cleared out the last of the stock many years back.

To the OP, good luck selling the 18W6, it was a very good sub. Let me do some digging. I might have the enclosure specs from JL somewhere.
That's the story I meant to tell. I remember all that happening and it seems like last year but it's been so long that I couldn't remember. Getting old is confusing sometimes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts