DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Selling off items I don't need anymore.

ITEM BRAND & MODEL #: Mmats Hifi 6150D

CONDITION: (Used - on a scale of 1-10) 9.5 (see pictures, comes will original box, packaging, and manual)

PRICE: $750, SOLD

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: (specs / features)
I ran this amp in my Audi, I pulled the system out and don't need it anymore.

"The Ultimate HiFi 6 channel full range class d amplifier. When you need BIG power and great sound, Utilizing Burr Brown op amps and Directfet technology for a truly remarkable sonic signature."
  • 6 x 150 Watts RMS @ 4 ohms Class D Full Range Amplifier
  • 6 x 275 Watts RMS @ 2 ohms Class D Full Range Amplifier
  • 4 x 150 Watts RMS @ 4 ohms + 1000 Watts RMS @ 1 ohm mono
  • 4 x 275 Watts RMS @ 2 ohms + 550 Watts RMS @ 2 ohm mono
  • 9.5″ W x 10″ L x 2.25″ H

ITEM BRAND & MODEL #: Xcelsus XXM325 Competition Midrange

CONDITION: Brand new, open box, never powered

PRICE: $350, SOLD

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: (specs / features)
Bought these spider-less mids because of all the great things I read about them. I may regret selling these, but don't have a need for them.

Model XXM325 3 "
Power resistance RMS 50W
Power resistance max 200W
Frequency range 100-10000hz
Sensitivity 84dB / 1w
Impedance 4ohm
Speaker Grille Yes
Outer diameter: 90mm
Magnet size: 35mm neo
Installation depth: 46mm
Mounting hole: 72mm

· Registered
1,157 Posts
Yes can you please tell us what it sold for so I can kick myself even harder for missing it?

· Registered
2017 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali
2,349 Posts
Yes can you please tell us what it sold for so I can kick myself even harder for missing it?
I’m kicking myself as well. There’s a reason they go so fast!! Congrats @Mooster1223 for beating us all to the prize. 🤪

· Registered
1,157 Posts
Mooster always wins. We should have a drawing for the cool items so I won’t be such a sore loser. 😢

To be honest though, idk if I even woulda wanted it because we don’t know how much it sold for. But I was looking at that exact amp on mmats site not 24 hours ago - it was way outta my price range (for new).

If it sold for 350, don’t tell us - that would just ruin the rest of the weekend.

· Registered
2,349 Posts
Mooster always wins. We should have a drawing for the cool items so I won’t be such a sore loser. 😢

To be honest though, idk if I even woulda wanted it because we don’t know how much it sold for. But I was looking at that exact amp on mmats site not 24 hours ago - it was way outta my price range (for new).

If it sold for 350, don’t tell us - that would just ruin the rest of the weekend.
Hahaha - I highly doubt it went for anything close to $350 if anything $750 is really a decent deal and that one seems to be in perfect shape.

Reactions: bitperfect

· Registered
517 Posts
I ran two in my Audi with a MiniDSP 8x12DL. I had 12 channels of processing and amplification, but I only needed 7. :)
That’s the exact setup I am doing in my truck right now. Except I am bridging 5&6 on both amps, so I have 10 channels of amplification and I am using all of them.

Surprised the Xcelsus haven’t sold yet.GLWS.

· Registered
2,349 Posts
That’s the exact setup I am doing in my truck right now. Except I am bridging 5&6 on both amps, so I have 10 channels of amplification and I am using all of them.

Surprised the Xcelsus haven’t sold yet.GLWS.
I’m slowing making my way there to, i just feel the need to buy everything else except what i need first for Some reason. 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: DaveG

· Registered
1,157 Posts
LOL :D you guys are funny!

Sold for $750 shipped. I actually received multiple offers on the amp within minutes of posting (one above asking after I said it was sold, pending payment :oops:).

They are awesome amps- relatively small footprint, tons of power, 6 channels that allow flexibility.
Dang - I would have paid 750 in a heartbeat, well except that I wouldn’t have had the money til the next day though. Hard lesson. I’m gonna put some money away for impulse buys.

• Haha

· Registered
2,349 Posts

Daaaaang!! Is right if i would have seen it sooner I would have sent that $750 in a min.

· Registered
2,349 Posts
Out of curiosity why is this amp so sought after? I know it is a great amp but these were selling on Ebay brand new all day long couple years ago for $700. Do amps really appreciate in price?
Merica!!! Honest power/great efficiency/bridgeable all the way through plus over built ch’s on 5/6 for lower impedance handling. Chances are if called Mmats you would end up talking to the owner in about 2 mins and he’s a great guy and happy to help with anything. Also I believe there is flat reasonable fee for repairs on amps going back close to 20yrs.

I’d say all of this is a rare find these days, I also appreciate the minimalist look of the equipment.

Ive looked occasionally on ebay but have never seen a 6150/4250 especially new for $700, maybe I should be looking more often. Retail is 1k.

· Registered
BMW X5 > Helix SDMI25 > V-Eight DSP + JL Amp > L7 Speakers + Ultimo SC10 in JL Stealth Sub (X5)
28 Posts
Not sure if this is true (just my opinion), I am noticing prices going up on a lot of things including used cars, used audio equipment etc.

I am in the market to buy a Jeep Wrangler 392 andnot able to find one at list price. All dealers are marking them over list price. Same for the 700+ hp RAM truck 😖

I am neither rich nor poor but my conscious is not allowing me to pay premium over list price for a depreciating liability.

· Registered
2,349 Posts
Not sure if this is true (just my opinion), I am noticing prices going up on a lot of things including used cars, used audio equipment etc.

I am in the market to buy a Jeep Wrangler 392 andnot able to find one at list price. All dealers are marking them over list price. Same for the 700+ hp RAM truck 😖

I am neither rich nor poor but my conscious is not allowing me to pay premium over list price for a depreciating liability.
Supply and demand! It’s a bad time to buy most things.

Reactions: DaveG
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.