Condition: Like New
Price: [SOLD]

3. ScanSpeak Illuminator D3004/6040-10 Beryllium Dome Tweeter Pair

4. ScanSpeak 32W/4878T Revelator 13" Subwoofer

5. Thiel DRVM-060-001 Truncated frame 4” midrange pair (these OEM Scanspeak 10F/8424G00’s)
Price: $120 shipped / pair [1 PAIR SOLD, 1 PAIR AVAILABLE]

Prices are shipped to Continental US. I accept payment via PayPal. If you choose goods-and-services you’ll have to include the PayPal fees.

Photos:

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Reactions: beak81champ

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Jerry! To anyone who wants to know the situation, I'm out of storage space due to building a home gym and now boxes are spilling into the living room. So I'm getting rid of 4-5 different projects that I have sitting around which I'm not planning on finishing this year. That includes these drivers, for now.

My current lease is up at the end of the year. My next car that I plan to own for a while (Cybertruck) won't be made until at least the end of next year. That's the next one getting a major install. But I'll end up re-buying them sometime late next year and proceeding with my next build. For now, enjoy my favorite driver set I've encountered so far.

Reactions: e39 touring

·
Registered
188 Posts
Interested in a pair of 4”. Research time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
188 Posts
PMed!

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Responded to all DM's

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still my favorite midbass ever

Same here, it's actually my favorite 3 way ever. It's really the only one which actually "wow'ed" me with how good it sounded. They voice extremely well together. The 32w sub is my favorite sub too. Also the lowest distorting subwoofer I've ever seen tested in both THD and CSD performance.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
More photos of the 32w subwoofer:

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
What happened?! Tossing in the towel on your setup? Only reason I’m asking is because I’m curious what you’d replace them with.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What happened?! Tossing in the towel on your setup? Only reason I’m asking is because I’m curious what you’d replace them with.

The answer is "sort of". I am super busy with work due to COVID disrupting our restaurant customers badly, which constitutes a sizable portion of our business customers. I was supposed to get the install done earlier this year, but I'll have to wait until after the new year at the earliest since my current lease ends in December. Then my next car that I'll own outright will be my Cybertruck which will be delivered in late 2021 at the earliest. I'll have a "tide me over" car in between but I don't want to mod that one since it'll be short-lived.

The Cybertruck is going to get my next install, but that looks like it'll be 16-18 months away. At least it'll give me time to get back into my GaN build next year and finalize it for my next install. That truck has a HUGE dash which is begging for either a flush-mounted 3-way or 3 ways mounted in the huge pillars. I'll likely add a center channel and do some upmixing. But we'll have to see.

I'm planning on replacing them with the same exact drivers in 16-18 months.

I'm considering pulling them off the market actually, originally I wanted to get rid of them basically because I ran out of storage space for all my paused projects. I have 5 other paused projects and an almost-completed coffee roaster to give you an idea. Since the gyms are closed around me I converted my small garage into a home gym, but now I have projects spilling into my living room and I'm getting rid of the stray projects that I don't plan on tapping into this year. But the reception has been luke-warm and I realized that Scanspeak has increased driver pricing on all these drivers so I might just hang on to them. I get it, there's economic uncertainty right now so people might not be looking to spend money on this stuff. That's totally okay.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Without doing a google search I’m going to go out on a limb and assume your cyber truck might possibly the new Tesla truck coming out? I haven’t checked out the interior yet but will probably give it a look here shortly. I was about to say....aside from a few possible lateral moves I wasn’t sure exactly why you’d be switching up given that we both share the same affinity for the illuminator line up. To save space would be a damn travesty of a reason to get rid of them especially spending more money down the road. If you can fit all three of these in the pillars of your cybertruck it must have a massive dashboard. Maybe you were referring to the mids and highs and I misunderstood. Even as a larger bookshelf cabinet those three would make for an excellent home addition which I was planning on doing until I started sliding down the pro audio rabbit hole and price tags started adding up. Either way I’d keep them if I were you. I understand the whole covid/business aspect as I’m impacted on that side of things as well which is why I’m selling mine but if it’s not for the money I’d stash them somewhere until you’re ready or at least see a better replacement. One last note on the project spilling you were mentioning.....my gf finally reached her boiling point on my spillage which took over the dining room, my office, and the entire living room up until yesterday when I was strong armed into turning the house back to normal. It’s not for everybody but the current project I just finished thoroughly impressed myself once I’d completely finished it. I’m not going to spam your post with non related pics, kinda like I’m doing jabbering on at the moment but from a craftsman’s perspective it’s pretty impressive. Anyway, box’em back up or GLWS brother. Great guy and excellent seller here folks. Buy with confidence!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Can’t wait for these Thiel 10F versions! My first active 3way!

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Without doing a google search I’m going to go out on a limb and assume your cyber truck might possibly the new Tesla truck coming out? I haven’t checked out the interior yet but will probably give it a look here shortly. I was about to say....aside from a few possible lateral moves I wasn’t sure exactly why you’d be switching up given that we both share the same affinity for the illuminator line up. To save space would be a damn travesty of a reason to get rid of them especially spending more money down the road. If you can fit all three of these in the pillars of your cybertruck it must have a massive dashboard. Maybe you were referring to the mids and highs and I misunderstood. Even as a larger bookshelf cabinet those three would make for an excellent home addition which I was planning on doing until I started sliding down the pro audio rabbit hole and price tags started adding up. Either way I’d keep them if I were you. I understand the whole covid/business aspect as I’m impacted on that side of things as well which is why I’m selling mine but if it’s not for the money I’d stash them somewhere until you’re ready or at least see a better replacement. One last note on the project spilling you were mentioning.....my gf finally reached her boiling point on my spillage which took over the dining room, my office, and the entire living room up until yesterday when I was strong armed into turning the house back to normal. It’s not for everybody but the current project I just finished thoroughly impressed myself once I’d completely finished it. I’m not going to spam your post with non related pics, kinda like I’m doing jabbering on at the moment but from a craftsman’s perspective it’s pretty impressive. Anyway, box’em back up or GLWS brother. Great guy and excellent seller here folks. Buy with confidence!!

It has a massive dashboard:

if you're willing to cut into the faux marble dash (assuming that there's nothing of extreme importance behind it) then you can essentially make embedded bookshelf speakers in the dash. This is basically a car hifi dream come true. But if not, check out those a-pillars and those sail panels. I bet you could fit a full-format tweeter in there easily, and if you were okay with blocking the a-pillar window you could probably fit a 7" driver up there too.

My thing is that this was never about money for me. I cannot tell you how many drivers I've bought more than once while experimenting and tinkering over the last few years with hifi. The journey was the point for me, not the destination. However this is starting to change for me, and my next build will be a lot more to the point, even if I have to pay an installer to get it done if I cannot find the time to finish it myself.

You only know that you truly love a driver if you end up buying it at least twice.

I keep going back and forth between the idea of selling these drivers, mostly to avoid hoarding them for another 16-18 months. But if I stash them I can save myself ~$800 in the future when I rebuy them. I think part of it for me, is that if I have them sitting around it kind of stays in the back of my mind as an "uncompleted project" which adds to my mental load. I'm not sure if that makes sense to anyone. But it kind of does to me. Plus I promised myself I'd stop keeping around a bunch of unfinished projects that take up space, so I'm trying to make good on that.

So for now I'm keeping this up, but I may pull it in a day or two if I change my mind. Especially since a whole lot of the mountain of parts has already been sold, so it's just a couple of boxes left at this point.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Ugh I've been watching and waiting to find a deal on the Scan Belly tweeters - want them so bad, but......I can only fit the small chamber versions :(

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ugh I've been watching and waiting to find a deal on the Scan Belly tweeters - want them so bad, but......I can only fit the small chamber versions :(
Understandable, but unfortunate. The deep chamber ones are way more flexible with crossover points than the shallow ones. The shallow ones get "nasally" when crossed too low and seem underdamped. The D3004/6040-10's are the best of all the D3004 small format drivers IMO.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts