DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Helix A4 - Competition (Amazing Condition)
Price $450 includes shipping
Send me a direct message if there are questions.
The plastic covering is still in place. You will see in the pictures. Photo 2

Specs

4-channel car amplifier with black trim
85 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (150 watts x 4 at 2 ohms)
395 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms
Class A input stages, Class AB output
24-karat gold-plated RCA input, power, and speaker connections
double-sided copper plated circuit boards
noise-free inputs (preamp)
variable low-pass/bandpass filters (15-7000 Hz)
variable high-pass filter (15-7000 Hz)
tunable bass boost (0-9 dB from 30 to 120 Hz )
4-gauge power and ground leads recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
fuse rating: 25A x 3
17"W x 1-7/16"H x 9-1/2"D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
How does this compare to the zapco Z150.4 (original version)? Does it have enough headroom to push dynaudio esotar e650 midbass?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have 4-ohm speakers, and in order to drive the Dyn, you will need to bridge each set of channels to get the bridge power of 280 x 2 out of the amp. If you are using this amplifier to just run midbass drivers. Yes. This amplifier will answer that question. Now in comparison to the original Z150.4, I personally never heard that specific amplifier. But sonically listening to one amplifier verse another is something you personally would have to do, just to see how they sound sonically to you. I could not offer that information and be honest.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
As Huckleberry has already mentioned; this is the PERFECT amp for a set of tweeters and a 3-4" midrange.
If you're trying to drive a 6.5" midbass, then you'd be better-off with a different amp (or bridge it for 2 channel output).

From a sound quality perspective; this is a VERY nice sounding amplifier. Very nice.
Easily as good (I'd say better) sounding than the original Z150.4 - but not as powerful.

Reactions: Huckleberry Sound

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mr. Jimmydee - Thank you so much for the information! I appreciate your incite!!! Have a Great Weekend!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts