DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
This amp is the Excel Class AB (2990) not the CA. The Excel 2x75 could be used on subs, Midbass, mids or tweets. This amp would work great with the Abyss amp on either mids or tweets. If you decided to buy a Excel CA (3600) I’d recommend it on the tweeters . As a reference the Excel pulls 3amps at idle and the CA pulls 7amps and the Aspire Pro CA (10,200) pulls 14amps at idle.
The Excel is more versatile in that it has more power and can be bridged for a appropriate sub, Midbass, mid or tweets.
the only reason for the special pricing from 2990 to 1550 is I have one xtra amp-and am sponsored by Audiowave. These amps are very rare so there’s not a lot of them floating out there. Especially at this price.
Finals is coming and looking for some xtra funds. If not sold I’ll put it in my daily driver or keep as my backup for my competition car. Not sure if I answered your question but trying to give you perspective for your application and value of the Excel Class AB.

·
Registered
151 Posts
[so the CA on the teeeters and this amp on the mids would be a formidable sounding combo? The CA on the mids just wouldn’t have enough punch? What about running the Abyss dial mono on the tweeters and the CA on the tweeters? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Apologies for high jacking, but trying to determine if I might purchase this amp. Thx

QUOTE="ExoTicLeveL, post: 5970862, member: 221855"]
The Excel CA is a different amp, its a class A biased amp, a single excel CA would be suited more for tweeters only. The sound it produces is extremely clean and warm sounding. More towards the Tru tech tubes if uve ever had a listen but highs seems to be crisper. Only drawback is the power it produces, so if you want to use it for your midrange id suggest going mono on each side, but tweets, more then enough. If your itchin for the best of the best, then aspire pro CA is also there.... that would be the hands down the best amp for highs/midrange out there for car audio IMO. 💯👍
[/QUOTE]

The Combo with Excel CA on tweets and the Excel on midrange would be what I would go. I would stay away from the Abyss dual mono if you havent purchased it already, since imo it isnt a true A class amp, and is over priced. The Tru tech coppers (c7.4/t c7.2/t/At) is the only series I would get anything from Abyss. And specially the sweet price this Excel amp is listed at, I would grab it without thinking twice. Cheers!

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Lastly, i have 1 xtra Excel CA also but will sell it only when paired with the Excel.
Excel Class AB …….2990. For 1650
Excel CA Class A…..3600 For. 2200
Total Price Shipped for both. 3850

Just food for thought….

Thanks
LC

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
Both the Excel and CA are SOLD.

I have one more Excel Left to Sell BNIB and Quartorigo Pretigio LNIB