DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, need to choose a solo baric for kick panel. I can fit a 15" sealed. I need to know if it is better in sq and SPL a grey square (year 2006) a black square (year 2010) or an old 15" round. Amp used to meve it will be OPTI 500X2 bridged.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
What exactly do you mean by "kick panel"?

Out of those choices though, the discontinued round version would probably be the best choice.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I mean box under passenger feet in SLK R170 (about 45 liters). So you suggest to go for the round one? does it kick pretty hard? I heard the new and hit pretty well, maybe the old have better sq, I hope SPL too.. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Ah. Try a search for "kick panel" on this board, and you will see what the term normally applies to in the states.

Regardless, older is better in this case - provided of course that it is in good condition.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I'm sure the discontinued version gets decently loud, it's known to sound good. In the end your enclosure will control how your woofer performs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
another option should be 2x s10l7 sealed, it will be even better looing and perfect box volume too.. What about it instead of the old skool 15?? tx

·
Registered
14 Posts
you need to figure out your enclosure volume before you make a choice on a woofer, thats really going to determine how it sounds more than anything

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I'm using a 6.5" woofer in 9.9 liters with a vented box... and sounds awesome! I know it's not SPL, but SQ is great! I feel the bass on my chest.

I'm sorry to but in your thread, but I wanted to give you the other side of the picture; I also have 3 old school 10" solo-barics in my basement thinking that some day I'll put them back in the trunk.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've 2cuf net enclosure but measures can't allow me to go over 50cm deep with reflex so I choose 2x s10l7 and will use them sealed enclosure half filled with polyfil. Amplifier will be opti 500x2 bridged. May I get in your opinion deep, clean and pretty strong bass in an slk in your opinion? midhigh is opti6c kit amplified by old skool ms2250 wich sounds pretty good over 80hz by now..
Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
anybody has an experience with double sealed s10l7 in 2cuf? are those pretty loud and clean? Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts