DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for something in a 8inch..I dont need tons of bass...just a little will do...

I dont understand the diff between the L7 and L5 ...

any idea or should I look elsewhere...? 0.35 cub/ft box is really appealing as trunk space is critical and no room elsewhere..

·
Registered
66 Posts
I haven't heard them in person. Supposedly sound great but require a lot of power.

completely based off of what i've heard, but maybe that would help.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm. I got 300watts ppi power t run at it. also looking at the jbl subs for half as much

·
Registered
257 Posts
How much are you looking to spend? Might want to consider an Audiopulse as well (used to be TC Sounds) they are pretty nice but not the cheapest :)

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
soundsplinter RLI, any 8" sealed in the trunk isnt gonna put out that much bass, the kicker probably putting out the most bass, but the soundsplinter would be my first choice

Mike had some "orphans" he prob still has some left. they are really close to the RLI specs but like a duall 6 ohm coil I think
I had a ARC 8 that put out enough bass to vibrate my skull....I dont know exactly what you consider "much bass"

anyhow...I am just looking to compensate for what my mids cant do ...not looking to crack a windshield...

cheaper the better...so far the JBL seems cheapest..

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
soundsplinter RLI, any 8" sealed in the trunk isnt gonna put out that much bass, the kicker probably putting out the most bass, but the soundsplinter would be my first choice

Mike had some "orphans" he prob still has some left. they are really close to the RLI specs but like a duall 6 ohm coil I think

who are you talking about?? so I can contact him

1 - 8 of 8 Posts