DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, its been a while since i have made a thread, most likely because I suck at taking pictures as you will discover. I had to build 3 boxes today, so pictures were not really my priority.

First one is for a 15" BL with 2 4 in aeros out of birch.

I have a router but i forgot to cut the hole before glueing the side and with the recessed side the jasper jig would have been difficult, so i free handed them with a jig saw so they are not perfect.

There is also a window brace inside the box, no pictures of that. Here it is finished and carpeted.

Next is for a newer mustang, wanted to keep as much trunk space as possible so this wedges in the back of the trunk. Its for 2 p1's 1.88 cubes tuned to 30 hz
Dont have the aero ports in yet so im stuck here.

Next is a box for a 13w7, 3.88 cubes tuned to 22 hz :crazy: with a kerfed port everyone loves so much. The overhang is intentional this is going to a fully built trunk of a cobalt im doing and has a beauty plate that will cover it, but it still has a point.
Its going to be black suede with a gloss white port.

Port just primed, need to sand some spots, as well as sand off some extra glue.

The 4 screws you see are for the double baffle behind the kerf.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do its getting a complete overhaul.

Everything deadened extensively, I molded the tweets in the A pillars firing at eachother, mids in a sealed pod in the door, run active by a 9886 to some rainbow Ipauls which are flushed in the floor infront of the w7.

Most of the interior will be refinished in black suede (not my choice)

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
How do you make your cuts for kerfing? I've always wanted to try the technique but I don't have the patience to make 30+ cuts with a free hand circular saw. Is there a quick way to do it?

·
Registered
687 Posts
x2 on that question.

I've seen woodworking shows where they use really thin wood and layer it in a curve shape, mounted to a curved cut of wood underneath each side, and glue/press the several layers together...never tried it tho.

BTW those Aeroports rock, I have one of the 6" dia ports...only problem is the inner flange is the same outside diameter as the outer flange so it has to be assembled inside the box.

·
Registered
59 Posts
How do you make your cuts for kerfing? I've always wanted to try the technique but I don't have the patience to make 30+ cuts with a free hand circular saw. Is there a quick way to do it?
Yes, the fast way is to use a table saw.

2nd choice would be a purpose built jig for a worm drive, but that in and of itself would take a long time as well...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts