DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I saw in a post where they mentioned DIYMA user DeLander did CNC work. I reached out to him to see if he would make some brackets for me. I’m so glad I did since he agreed to do it and they came out AWESOME! Great guy too. I reached out to 3 shops before I reached out to DeLander and they couldn’t do them for me.

I have an Infiniti Q50 and the front doors have room for some big woofers. I decided to go with 8” woofers.

I just needed to give him the dimensions as accurate as possible and he then worked his magic. Woofers sit perfect in it. He offered to drill out all the holes but since I had the bracket at home, I figured it would be easier for me to place the bracket, mark it and drill it. Great solution for water as well. My last rings swelled up from moisture since they were wood. I guess clearcoat was not good enough for moisture protection.

Very happy with how they turned out. Very worth it.
Thanks DeLander 👍🏼

OEM bracket with 6.5”

·
Registered
181 Posts
Those do look fantastic - nice and thick plastic too - what is that type of plastic?
I ask because I'm going to try to make something like this on my 3D printer - but 3D printers don't do "solid" well (plus, if you do it takes forever to print), so I may still make mine the old-school way.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
UHMW Ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene

I’m sure there are a lot of options that can be used though. HDPE feels the same to me.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Glad you like them ocuriel.👍 I hope they do what you need. I think they will.

No problem making them, just a little time in design.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wish I had this kind of 3D modeling/measuring skill..
I just measured and gave him the measurements. Took a few times but eventually I gave him the right ones lol. Delander took care of the rest. That’s his CNC software program.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Feel free to contact me if any of you guys or gals need something !!!
Not sure I will need to, but I'll keep it in mind. Big thanks.

If I did - and did my own measuring and creating of a CAD file - do you use STL files?

My thought is, that way it's easy for you (just load and run), and if there's a mistake it's not your fault then.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
641 Posts
I can use DXF or solid part files. Or, if you just get me a sketch with dimensions, I can do it all myself. It's no problem.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not sure I will need to, but I'll keep it in mind. Big thanks.

If I did - and did my own measuring and creating of a CAD file - do you use STL files?

My thought is, that way it's easy for you (just load and run), and if there's a mistake it's not your fault then.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
This guy is exact. My Speaker drops in just right and my factory bracket lines up with the mount he made perfect. He’ll be good with just numbers.....as long as they’re accurate.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts