DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

221 - 239 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
I didn't put a grill on the driver side speaker because im the only one who drives it...and i let brother drive it once.

Once.

God dammit.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Member Infinitum
691 Posts
I feel your pain.. that simply sucks!! Are those JBL's?

·
Member Infinitum
691 Posts
I see.

·
Member Infinitum
691 Posts
Ni Dirac, just the DSP in the DEH-PRS80. The tuning is always in flux as still trying to simply find uninterrupted time to sit and do it. The auto EQ was a joke as it does not recognize the bandwidth capability of the HLCD's. Recently, I noticed some noise coming out of the Gladius for the horns. Not happy.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #230 (Edited)
Ni Dirac, just the DSP in the DEH-PRS80. The tuning is always in flux as still trying to simply find uninterrupted time to sit and do it. The auto EQ was a joke as it does not recognize the bandwidth capability of the HLCD's. Recently, I noticed some noise coming out of the Gladius for the horns. Not happy.
I assume the gladius is the amp?

Looked at your BL. Okay yea. Its the amp.

Horns being so sensitive makes noise really shine unfortunately.

It may not be the Best idea but i have a minidsp 2x4 you can try. They are prone to being a little noisy but if it works out for you. You can throw me some cash($40). If it doesn't, you can just send it back. No worries.

I have all the software for it too.
Its a 6band peq per output.

·
Member Infinitum
691 Posts
I assume the gladius is the amp?

Sorry, yes, old school ZED amp, a brick but such a nice sounding amp. great power supply and balanced sound.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Eric just a quick question that's been bugging me if music that we listen to thru horns or regular speakers in the kicks are mix with left and right music info to go to the left ear and the right ear would I benefit us if we flip the whole right side of our speakers to the left and vise versa to shorten the pathlength to our ears or it won't work, just curious if it would work the way I think that since music info is processed with left and right and and flipping it would shorten pathlength by maybe 4inches, I could be wrong ,please reply or anyone

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Hey Eric just a quick question that's been bugging me if music that we listen to thru horns or regular speakers in the kicks are mix with left and right music info to go to the left ear and the right ear would I benefit us if we flip the whole right side of our speakers to the left and vise versa to shorten the pathlength to our ears or it won't work, just curious if it would work the way I think that since music info is processed with left and right and and flipping it would shorten pathlength by maybe 4inches, I could be wrong ,please reply or anyone
Not sure if your joking or not , but simply flipping the left and right rcas would simply cause the stage to be backwards , but noting else . You would still hear everything acoustically the exact same.

If a drum track is left by flipping it the drum would come out of the right , the path length differences remain

Horns minimize path length differences due to there shape and dispersion. The horns themselves are physically the same speaker on left and right and mounting them in the inverse of each other. So I don’t think so.

Don’t care to elaborate much on this , google is your friend at this point

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not sure if your joking or not , but simply flipping the left and right rcas would simply cause the stage to be backwards , but noting else . You would still hear everything acoustically the exact same.

If a drum track is left by flipping it the drum would come out of the right , the path length differences remain

Horns minimize path length differences due to there shape and dispersion. The horns themselves are physically the same speaker on left and right and mounting them in the inverse of each other. So I don’t think so.

Don’t care to elaborate much on this , google is your friend at this point
Thanks for the quick reply I felt stupid even asking that question but it was for a idiot friend who thinks about dumb thing and he asked me to write it because he wanted to know the answer ,so I showed him your reply called him a dumbass and went home, so sorry he made me feel dumb for like 15 minutes, my question was you put 2 pairs 6.5in in your doors for midbass would it benefit me if I can use my rear deck and front doors for midbass, in kicks a hopefully I can find some budget horns to start out with and what would you recommend for the crossover points for it ,a 97 Chrysler cirrus 6c9 rear deck ,6.5im door ,and got 3.5in in dash corners. This time this is my question, thanks again

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
YEs absolutely it will work, and will work even better if you have TA and eq

Just make sure y
Thanks for the quick reply I felt stupid even asking that question but it was for a idiot friend who thinks about dumb thing and he asked me to write it because he wanted to know the answer ,so I showed him your reply called him a dumbass and went home, so sorry he made me feel dumb for like 15 minutes, my question was you put 2 pairs 6.5in in your doors for midbass would it benefit me if I can use my rear deck and front doors for midbass, in kicks a hopefully I can find some budget horns to start out with and what would you recommend for the crossover points for it ,a 97 Chrysler cirrus 6c9 rear deck ,6.5im door ,and got 3.5in in dash corners. This time this is my question, thanks again

·
Member Infinitum
691 Posts
@jcoyne2 any updates?

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #237
@jcoyne2 any updates?
Replaced the broken speaker, but otherwise no. I think im done modifying this car. I've been hard on her and shes not happy. I need to get a better job and get a new whip.

Thinking like a Scion Tc or similar and if i do that, ive got Big ideas for a total dash build, competition show car.

But you can probably think of this thread as concluded.

·
Member Infinitum
691 Posts
ok then, thanks for the info. Good luck on the new whip!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
path ength difference is goi g to affect arrival time and amplitude which both have a significant effect on placement of images in a sound stage. if you move everything closer together you will get a stronger center but lose width of stage its all related

221 - 239 of 239 Posts